Owen has a new favorite holiday! OK...I don't know what it was before, but it's Halloween now for sure! It took a little convincing first though. He didn't want to go trick-or-treating, he just wanted to play with his jack-o-lantern...but we made him go and he loved it!

Holly dressed up in her pumpkin outfit, but she didn't go trick-or-treating. Somebody had to pass out the candy! So Holly and dad stayed home at first to pass it out.

Owen was a cute little dinosaur! He got the costume from my friend Claudia in Arizona...her little boy
Ceddie wore the same costume last year. He got lots of compliments on it. Thanks Claudia!

Like I said, Owen really loved Trick-or-Treating. He would get really excited going up to people's houses...he would knock on the door until it was finally opened (I tried to stop him, but he knocked so quietly I didn't think the home owners could even hear it) and he always tried to make himself at home. As soon as the door opened he would try to walk into the house! I had to keep a tight hold on him. He got a ton of candy, and he wouldn't let me carry his candy for him. By the end of our trick-or-treating he was pretty much dragging it because it was so heavy! Owen also got a dollar while he was trick-or-treating. We were crossing the street and some random guy stopped his car and called Owen over...strange. I was looking at him and he held up a dollar and said it was for Owen. He said he had two granddaughters trick-or-treating so he wanted to give Owen something. It didn't make much sense to me, but it was a free dollar, so we grabbed it and said thanks!

After I thought Owen had enough candy I took him back home. Scott's mom wanted to take some pictures of Owen, so I sent Scott and Owen over to her apartment to get some pictures. I told Scott to take him trick-or-treating at her apartments too. Apartments are a great way to get a lot of candy fast! So they went, but they came back very quickly, I guess Scott's mom wasn't home. Scott decided to take him trick-or-treating some more around our neighborhood. So off they went.

Holly and I stayed home and waited for some more trick-or-
treaters. Actually, Holly just slept. It's what she's best at these days! We don't get too many trick-0r-
treaters at our house so I got a lot of reading done. After Scott and Owen were gone for a few hours I started to get worried though, especially when I started hearing tons of sirens. They didn't get home until almost 9:00! Owen's candy bucket was filled to the brim.

Owen probably would have ate all that candy last night if we would have let him, but we just gave him a few pieces. I don't think we'll have to buy him any candy until next Halloween though! I made him eat some
vegetable beef baby food (it's the only way I can get meat in the boy) and instead of using the spoon I gave him he used his sucker to scoop it out and it eat! YIKES! I was just happy to get something besides sugar in him though.

Here is our little sticky mess at the end of the day. As you can see Owen had lots of fun. It was the most fun I've had on a Halloween in a long time too!
2 comments:
I love that costume, Owen! Thats a LOT of candy!!!! Make sure to share with mommy and daddy! :)
Owen loves Halloween and Jakie hates it. That is so funny! I am glad the costume fit. Ceddie wore the same one just in red. Andreas forgot that Ceddie was a dragon last year so he got the same one. But he looked sooo cute. He looks wayyyyy sticky here. EEEeeeewwww....hahahahaha cute boy!!
Post a Comment