Saturday, November 1, 2008

Hubby Tag

1. Full Name: Scott Anthony Sheaffer

2. How long you have been married? 9 Years as of June 18th.

3. How long did we date? We had a kind of unusual dating situation. We met on June 8th, 1996, in an AOL chat room. From there we became good friends, writing to each other at least once daily. In our attic we have a paper box full of letters and chats that we wrote to each other over a 3 year period. I'm not kidding either, the box is FULL! Scott printed and saved everything we ever wrote to each other, including the first chat we ever had. So that's pretty neat...it will be something for our kids to read when they are really bored one year. We actually met in person for the first time on June 8th, 1997....exactly one year after we met on the computer. I was on my senior trip and Scott drove up to Vermont where we were staying for one night. We got to talk to each other for a few hours. After that Scott flew out to Utah a few times, I flew to Massachusetts once, then Scott flew back to Utah in June 1999 which is when we eloped. That's our story in a quick little nutshell.

4. Who eats the sweets? We both have a sweet tooth. Scott loves Reeses Peanut Butter cups though, and I'm more a fan of cookies and brownies.

5. Who said I love you first? I don't know...probably Scott.

6. Who's taller? Me...by one or two inches.

7. Who sings better? Me for sure, which isn't saying much. Scott just really can't sing...he's BAD!

8. Who is smarter? Book smart...Scott for sure. He is the master of Trivial Pursuit. It's crazy the things he knows...he knows things nobody has a right to know. He reads a lot though...

9. Who does the laundry? Me. I don't like it when Scott touches the clothes! Laundry is my favorite chore though.

10. Who pays the bills? I do. I'm kind of a control freak.

11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Scott.

12. Who mows the lawn? I let Scott handle that. We got a new lawn mower this year...so he seems to enjoy it more this year too!

14. Who drives? I usually drive...Scott is a bad driver. He's too overly cautious...always slamming on the brakes any time anybody moves an inch around him. It's scary...so I drive.

15. Who admits they are wrong? Usually neither of us...we are a bit hard headed about admitting fault. But usually when somebody does admit they are wrong it is Scott...but that's only because he is usually wrong.

16. Who kissed who first? Scott tried to kiss me first...after I told him not to. So I slammed his head against the car window. Really I don't know why he ever talked to me after his first trip to Utah. I wasn't very nice. Our first real kiss though...I think we both just kissed each other.

17. Who asked out who first? I guess I was the one who invited him up to Vermont...it was my mom's idea.

18. Who wears the pants? Me for sure...and I think that's the way Scott likes it....it means more time relaxing and reading for him. And I have that control freak thing going on...so it works out well for both of us.

19. How much grief did you cause your parents by wanting to get married? More than I can ever apologize for.

Now I get to tag...DeDe, Jocelyn, Kelly, Becky and Claudia

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

that is so fun to read about you and Scott and how you met.

grandpachuck said...

its a good thing you like your mother because you are two peas in a pod.

grandpachuck said...

why dont you add a question 19. How much grief did you cause your parents by wanting to get married?