Monday, November 17, 2008

The Face of a Criminal

You're looking at the face of the newest criminal in America! Possibly the youngest too. Today was our weekly shopping trip. This was the first time I attempted to go shopping with both Owen and Holly. Owen had to find a new place to sit though since Holly's car seat goes in the space where Owen use to sit. Thankfully that have those dandy little shopping carts with the toy cars stuck in the front of them...problem solved! Owen loves cars and he thought he was so cool sitting in the little plastic car and beeping the horn.

The shopping trip went well...we got all our food and got all checked out with no problems. Then we got to the car. That's when I noticed the candy bar in Owen's mouth...it was still in the wrapper, he hadn't figured out how to open it, but it was pretty much chewed up. He must have grabbed it at the check out lane. That little car is right on level with all the candy bars they have there! I thought about taking him up to the store manager and making Owen tell him that he had stolen the candy bar, but I didn't think that would work too well with a 23 month old. It did work well with me when I tried to steal a peanut from Albertsons, but I was a bit older then Owen is now. I thought I was going to be thrown in jail when my mother made me tell somebody about the stolen peanut. I never stole another thing again! But I think Owen doesn't quite grasp the whole money thing just yet. So I just hurried back into the store and paid for it at one of the self check out counters. Of course he picked the candy bar that cost $1.00 too. Since when did candy bars cost a dollar? Crazy! From now on I will be watching him a lot more closely around those candy bars though. I don't need a hardened criminal living in my house!

Thankfully Holly hasn't started a life of crime yet. Here she is with her favorite little teddy bear from her Uncle John.

4 comments:

lorenzis said...

How cute! You have no idea how many things the boys have taken from stores already....you gotta watch them like a hawk LOL

Becky said...

Sari did that exact thing last year - her candy of choice was the gummy life-savers.

Kelly Tillotson said...

hehehe. that sneaky little guy.....what could be a good criminal nickname for him, sticky fingers? hehe. its funny tom and i were talking the other night about how i will grocery shop with a new baby plus briggy (who will still be under two!) i hope they make those car carts everywhere!

grandpachuck said...

the car carts are a pain in the bum!! jacob wont stay in them. he likes to hang half in and half out. then he just gets out and walks and i still get stuck having to push the dumb things. stores should not make it so easy for little kids to take things. there is a reason why they are so easy to reach.