Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Movie

I was pleasantly surprised! I was a little nervous about going to see this movie. Usually books made into movies disappoint me...a lot. But this one was fun. It followed the book very closely, and it was fun to see the book come to life. I don't think it is the best movie I have ever seen, but it also wasn't the best book I have ever read. I think as long as you aren't a movie snob and don't take the movie too seriously you will probably be entertained by this movie!

The teenage girls who were there to see the movie were pretty entertaining too. I got there early to wait in line for a good seat...there is nothing worse than sitting in the front row! While waiting in line I was listening to the group of girls behind me.

"I told my boyfriend to read these books...I told him it was The Man Bible!"

"Yeah, Edward didn't even let Bella have sex with him for a long time!"

"That's because the author didn't want all these preteen girls going out and having sex just because Bella was, she wants them to wait until they are married."

And the conversation went on and on like that. I was quite entertained by them. Then there was the teenage girl sitting next to me in the theater who kept quietly squealing or tapping her feet very quickly whenever she got excited. It was pretty funny.

On another note...everybody survived here at home! I don't know why but I thought for sure the house would fall apart without me here. But it didn't...YAY! I put Holly down to sleep right before I left at 8:30, and she was still asleep when I got home at 12:20. She was just starting to wake up when I got home...so it was perfect timing!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

You did have perfect timing or Holly did! Did you get your popcorn "fix"? I love movie theatre popcorn too, with butter. Everything is better with butter! HEE HEE!

Jocelyn said...

I'm glad you had a good night out with out the kids! I love sitting in the front row! but that's just me! sounds like it's pretty good I have a friend who has seen it 3 times already {i think that is pretty sad but what can you do?}