Friday, November 14, 2008

One Month Stats

We just got back from the doctor, and Holly is doing great! She weighed in at 9 lbs 6 oz which is the 54th percentile. She still has 15 ounces to go to catch up to my BIRTH weight though! She grew 2 inches in the last 3 weeks, so now she is 21 1/4 inches, which is the 56th percentile. Her head grew too, I can't remember the exact number but it was in the 67th percentile. Big heads run in the family, so I guess she was destined to get one too!

Holly had a couple of "first" yesterday and today. Yesterday Holly went to her first wedding party! The groom was the son of our Relief Society President, and the bride was actually a girl I went to school with from Kindergarten through High School! Our Relief Society President kept telling me about the wonderful girl his son had found to marry, and when our invitation showed up I recognized the bride. I know this is so cliche but, it's a small world! The wedding was a lot of fun. The family of the groom is Polynesian so they had a lot of Polynesian dancing and music. It was very entertaining. I think it might have been a little loud for Holly though because she got pretty fussy during the dancing...so we left a little early. I think overall she enjoyed her first wedding though.

Today at the doctors office she had her first fashion faux paux (I have no idea how to spell that, hopefully you know what I'm saying!) We were sitting in the waiting room and there was another little girl with the same outfit on! I don't think she cared too much though...she just blamed me for the whole mix up. The doctor thought it was great that she had two patients in a row with the same outfit on though.

Now she gets to take her first visit to the dentist...not for her though, for me! One of my fillings broke so I have to have it replaced. I really hate going to the dentist. They always ask you questions when they have lots of equipment in your mouth. Why do they do that? Oh well...wish me luck!

No comments: