I love cookies! I found this new recipe for Banana Oatmeal cookies and just had to try it out. I had two brown bananas and had to do something with them. They were really good, so I thought I would share the recipe with all my blogger buddies. They are kind of a cake like cookie...which I love, but if you don't I wouldn't advise making them. So here's the recipe..ENJOY!
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup shortening
1 egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 3/4 cups oatmeal
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (I only had 3/4 cup, but it worked fine)
1/2 cup chopped nuts or raisins (I used chocolate chips...I don't like raisins and nobody in my husband's family likes nuts...they were really good with chocolate chips!)
1. Cream together sugar, shortening and egg. Add all other ingredients and mix well.
2. Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until light brown.
Happy 4th of July!
No comments:
Post a Comment