Owen thought that since everybody is blogging about their favorite book I should blog about his favorite book. So here it is, Owen's favorite book. It's "Oh, The Places You'll Go!" by Dr. Seuss. Owen is obsessed with this book. We have to read it to him, on average, 4 times a day. As soon as I bring him downstairs in the morning he will run and find it. Then he brings it to me and says, "Book? Book?" So we sit down and read it. As soon as I'm done he hands the book back to me, "Book? Book?" So we read it again. Then later on in the night he will get the book and bring it to Scott to read it to him....twice. I think it's great that he likes being read to, but sometimes another book would be nice. Last night Scott was reading it to Owen and I could pretty much say all the words along with him. It's a great book though...at least he doesn't want me to read, "I'll Love You Forever" or whatever the title of that book is...you know, the one where the mom rocks her son every night and says, "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As Long as I'm living, My baby you'll be." I mean it's a sweet book, until the son is grown and living across town and the mom uses a ladder every night to sneak into his room and rock him to that little poem. Now that's a little creepy...I would have a serious problem with my mother-in-law if she ever tried to do that! But I'm getting a little off topic here...Speaking of Dr. Seuss, we live really close to the place he grew up. They have a Dr. Seuss Memorial Garden, and when my parents were here in April we went to see it. Here are a few pictures from the trip.
The first one is Owen standing in front of a giant book with the words to "Oh, The Places You'll Go" written on it. I actually read the words to the book for the first time on that giant book a few years ago. I liked it so much that when Owen was born I had to get a copy for him.
7 comments:
Been there done that, only our book is "Llama, Llama, Red Pajama" by Anna Dewdney. Actually both babies love that book and we read it many, many times a day. It's a cute book though. Except baby Llama never gets his drink and that bugs Lexi to death. You'll have to read it to see what I'm talking about.
I love the picture of Scott,Owen and the cat reading the fav book together. I forgot about the Sr. Suess stuff in Springfield. What fun times.
Someone gave me that book for my college graduation because they knew how much I loved children's books. It's a cute one!
I love visiting the Dr. Seuss stuff in Springfield. I always take my family there when they come to visit.
I love that last photo with Peter perched on the back of the chair.
Books are great, but I have been known to refuse a certain book and have them pick another. REpetition is good for kids, but it can give Mom a headache!
Repetition is good. I think Owen knows the words by heart too. All I have to say is, "Congratulations, Today is your day, You're off to great places, You're off and away..." and he will run and find the book. It's cute.
You forgot to mention that if OH THE PLACES YOU'LL GO is in a pile of books, Owen will dig through the pile until he finds it and then bring it to one of us.
Scott
I love Dr. Suess! Ethan always loved Dr. Suess, too. Love the story of Owen digging through a pile of books to find his favorite "Oh the Places You'll Go".--Aleisha
Post a Comment