The weather was beautiful, even though they predicted heat and humidity. There was a nice breeze and we had a fun time just hanging out in the yard, chatting and eating lots of food! Owen was having a great time because his cousins have tons of cool toys that he doesn't have...like a kiddie pool! I told you, we have got to get one. Owen decided to dive in, clothes and all! Thankfully I had taken his shoes off when we got there. His cousin Eli had poured bubble bath solution into the pool though...so it was a bubbly mess. Owen kept trying to climb up the little plastic slide they had put into the tub and wasn't getting too far with all the bubbles coating it! He had a ball though!
His cousins also had one of those cute little plastic cars...and since Owen is obsessed with cars he was all over it. I really feel like I deprive my child when we go to other people's houses! They have all the cool toys. But if we had them, they wouldn't be so exciting to him when we went to other people's houses.
I brought a change of clothes for Owen, but I didn't want to put them on until we were leaving. I didn't want two sets of wet clothes. So he got to run around in his diaper with his cousin Cordellia. They had fun playing at a toy kitchen set. Another toy we don't have at our house! Talk about depriving a kid of all fun toys.
Here is Owen with Eli and Cordellia. What cute kids! Owen looked pasty white compared to his two cousins though. Maybe we should let him out of the house more often!
The day was over too soon. Hopefully we will all get together again soon.
Oh...nursery update...Owen did a little better yesterday. When there was about 15 minutes left he peeled himself away from me and started playing! Hopefully that time will move up next week...and the next until he can finally stay the whole time by himself. I'm aiming for October!
2 comments:
What a fun time. We never had the cool toys either, but somehow they have fun and grow up happy.
My cousins had all the cool toys too. =/
My pediatrician always yelled at my Mom saying, "She's so pale! Don't you ever let her out of the house???" Mom had to explain that her daughter lived outdoors but wore sunscreen.
Post a Comment