Monday, July 21, 2008

Saturday Night

One of the nice things about living outside of Utah and in the mission field is that we get to have to missionaries over for dinner more than once every 10 years. I think that's about how often my parents get to have them over. If we really felt like feeding 2 hungry boys once a week I'm sure we could. I'm not that ambitious though. I try to have them over once a month. I figure it can't hurt to have their sunny personalities around my husband...and I want my kids to grow up with the missionaries in our home. Maybe they will look up to them and strive to be like them....crossing my fingers!

So we had the missionaries over for dinner last Saturday. Everybody seemed to be having a good time...except for Owen. The whole time the missionaries were here he didn't crack a smile. He just sat in his high chair with his fingers in his mouth and looked at them with "angry skepticism". At least that's how Scott described it. I wish I could have gotten a picture. It was actually pretty funny...and our fine missionaries didn't take any offense though, they though it was funny too. I guess my plan to have my son admire the missionaries isn't working out too well right now, but hopefully it will as time passes!

No comments: