
The other day my friend from college, Amber, reminded me during the Memory Lane game that we use to eat a LOT of 7 Layer burritos from Taco Bell. I don't think I have had one since I left college, maybe not since the last time I saw Amber! I had to go and get one. So, I "accidentally" forgot my peanut butter and jelly sandwich that I'm suppose to eat for lunch and headed to the nearest Taco Bell instead. I ordered a 7 Layer Burrito and a water. I didn't want to overdue it. I was all excited to try one out again. Afterwords, I couldn't believe that we use to eat these all the time! I'm just hoping that I got a really bad one. In the picture from Taco Bell's website, the layers are neatly stacked one on top of the other, so you get a little bit of each layer in each bite. Mine was not like that. First...there was about 2 inches of tortilla just sitting at the top with nothing in it. I tore that off, who wants to eat a plain tortilla? (Unless it's one of those cook 'em yourself kind that my parents get in Utah...those are so delicious!) On my first bite I got guacamole and a little bit of sour cream. Then came the tomatoes and lettuce. Finally, at the bottom was a huge blob of beans that were way too thick and sticky. It was awful! They need to learn how to layer their burritos a little better. I'm sure they were just being in a hurry, and what can I really expect for $2.00? But if I worked at Taco Bell I would make sure all my burritos looked like the one pictured. Of course I probably wouldn't be working there for too long because I would be really slow. But at least people would like my burritos!
5 comments:
Wow. I'm so sorry you got a bad one. I still have to get a 7-layer burrito when we do Taco Bell now and I still love them. Actually just typing this makes me want to head over to taco bell right now LOL - guess I'm going to have to make that for lunch.
Anyways, but to me they are still just as good and Amber is right...everytime I go to Taco Bell I think of us in college!
Love ya!
i tried taco bel here in westfield when it first opened up. yuck! i can't stomach even thinking of trying it again.
Oh Brianne, Brianne, don't you remember how we always opened them up all the way and stirred all the ingredients together with the back of a spoon before we attempted to eat the burrito. At least that's how I always do it and they taste a lot better that way. Of course, I can't say I love 7 layer Burrito's anymore either.
gross! I hate taco bell. I can't stand the way their food looks! and it always looks gross.Plus when something is open 24 hours a day when do they get time to clean?? I'd rather make my own taco/ borritos at home with fresh ingredients and in a clean kitchen. Too bad I'm really the only taco eater in the house. It's hard to make just one of something. Especially when all my recipes are for a family of 9. how do you cut 9 sertvings down to one?
you cannot get good mexican food east of texas, why even try?
Post a Comment