Friday, July 25, 2008

Saving Money

This is one of Owen's favorite toys...if you can call it that. Before he was born I bought him this coin bank at the Big E (which is pretty much a state fair for all of New England). You put the money in the mouth and it winds its way down to the belly which holds all the treasures! Whenever Owen's acting naughty I can always show him a penny and he'll get all excited to go and put it in his bank. Of course I don't know if rewarding him with money when he's bad is a great idea...but sometimes I get tired of telling him "Don't do that!" all day long. So this is another option that isn't as tiring! I figure when the fall comes we can take all the coins and buy another bank for his sister Holly! I'm sure Owen isn't going to want to share his. Hopefully his love of savings will last a life time...it never hurts to be a little frugal.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

That is the cutest bank I have ever seen! I want one for myself!!!

another day in the life of... said...

I love those banks. I just haven't ever broken down and bought one. Maybe this year, they are adorable...