Monday, July 21, 2008

Memory Lane Game

I found this on two of my best friends from college's blogs, so I guess I'm going to have to participate...I have such a horrible memory though so it will be tough for me!

Here are the directions:

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments. HAVE FUN!

8 comments:

Amber Chappell said...

Here's a few memories for you. Who could forget the purple bikini - wow! Singing along to David Bowie and Queen in the hall of Apt. D7. And I can't eat a 7-layer burrito from taco time without thinking of you. Man we ate a lot of those that year!

We Da Women!

dedesmith32 said...

Don't worry Brianne...my memory is awful too...I blame it on having kids. :)

But really I do have so many amazing memories with you and I miss you all the time, even though I am awful at communicating and keeping up with people - blogs are great! :)

Everytime it rains - I think of you and I hope you remember that day. I remember all our long talks and our road trip music. I really remember the call I got the day before my wedding from you saying that you'd be there tomorrow but you were in Vegas getting married yourself! :)

Mostly I remember that wonderful feeling I had when I met you the first time. We were out on our own (to college) and I was so excited to get to know my roommates and I'm so happy that we will be forever friends! :)

dedesmith32 said...

Okay just saw Amber's comment! Wow did that bring back memories!

adh said...

Since my blog is all about books (and no one reads it but you), I won't post this. BUT I couldn't resist the urge to post two of my favorite Brianne memories.

First, your New Year's Eve Party (2005, right? I have a bad memory too.) That was the first time anyone had every invited me to a party and it was so much fun playing games, eating good food, and laughing all night!

Second, our trip to Boston to see Wicked. Especially laughing hysterically at the ice cream sundae I ordered at the California Pizza Kitchen -- it was as big as my head!

Brianne said...

For Andrea,

I think more people than me read your blog. When I was on there Friday your counter was at about 20...I didn't go on this weekend and now it's up around 50 or 60...so I can't be the only one reading it.

Our trip to Boston was awesome! Thank you for introducing me to such a great show.

I have a couple of stand out memories with you. Like when we went to see "Enchanted" (great movie) and there were teenage boys behind us who had sneaked into the theater, obviously not knowing what it was about. Then they were freaking out when they saw the opening musical act. I've never seen boys move so fast! But we were laughing at them pretty hard...that was funny.

I also enjoy just talking together. Our car trips out to Boston to see "Wicked" and to Albany for Time Out For Women were great because we got lots of time just to talk about anything and everything! And our walk around the block (twice!) while we were waiting for The Super Bowl to start this year was awesome. Too bad the game couldn't have gone as well!

adh said...

RE: For Andrea

Well, let me put it this way... You're the only person I know in real life that knows about the blog. So, if folks are looking at it, chances are I don't know them and they wouldn't have any memories of me. =P

Oh, yeah! Enchanted was fun. Those guys totally made my day. Maybe they learned their lesson about sneaking into movies.

Yes, the road trips and walks were fun too.

Good memories!

Aleisha said...

You should elaborate on the purple bikini story! I have lots of fun memories of you from high school. Yearbook camp, dancing at night on the grass of that church next to the school, Brianne leaps.

--Aleisha

Joe Tenney said...

I don't know where to start Brianne:) So many memories- of course one of my crazy memories of you is when we went to the AF rec center to go swimming and we met that 275.5 lbs. guy who also wore a fanny pack and he told you that you shouldn't wear a flesh colored swimsuit for obvious reasons. Also, I have fun memories of walking home from jr. high with you to my house and then with your math genius you would help me with my math homework. Who could forget our 8th grade dance class- we were the nerds (or rather non-prima ballerinas and future cavettes of the class) and our embarrassing popcorn dance that we made up in my backyard. That reminds me of how in hs you were the only one that nazi Ms. Vogel-whatever liked. I remember you really liked white bread and that you liked to eat it plain. I like the story of you hiding in the basement of the training school and then jumping out to scare your co-worker only to find that it was some random guy. Nice way to give a stranger a heart attack:) I also remember you being OBSESSED with prank calling everyone's crushes. I'll stop now- I could go on and on. All fun memories though and they all make me laugh. Thanks for being such a positive and happy friend.