Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Baby's Name

Well, I think we have it. At least I'm 95% sure we have it. I'm sure most people will hate it, but I love it...and Scott is on board with the name. We've chosen a name that I think is very cute and feminine, but not trendy. In fact it only ranked #339 last year for girl baby names, but it's easy to pronounce and everybody has heard it. It is actually the name that we had picked out for Owen if he was a girl. He was due around Christmas time, and it's a great Christmas name. So when we found out we were having a girl Scott wanted to carry over the name...but I was a little reluctant since it seems like a Christmas name. But I had a dream the other night and in it our little girl had this name...so I figured it was a sign and I've been very comfortable with the name since then.

The name we've chosen is Holly. It's not glamorous...but I love it. And EVERYBODY I have ever know named Holly has been a WONDERFUL person. I've never met a Holly that I didn't like. That was important to me. There were a lot of beautiful names out there, but if I ever met somebody I didn't like with the name it was off the list. So her full name will by Holly Colleen Sheaffer. If you don't like it, that's OK. We like it and that's what's most important. Of course as I said before...it's only 95% certain that Holly will be her name. We still have 16 weeks to change our minds.

Oh...and Happy Birthday to Scott today! It's his 3?st birthday!!! I would tell you exactly how old he is, but I don't want to embarrass him!

6 comments:

adh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelly Tillotson said...

holly is such a sweet happy name--i love it!

dedesmith32 said...

I love it Brianne! I think it fits perfect! :)

another day in the life of... said...

Holly is very cute. I also like everyone I know named Holly. Congrats!

Jenn said...

What a great name. I love it! Is Colleen a family name? Phew, one less thing to worry about?!!!

Anonymous said...

chloe, zooey, or esme. those are good names!! call her holly if you want to, i am calling her zooey.