Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Popsicle's Take 2

I'm happy to report that my son is not the communist we all thought he was when he wouldn't eat an Otter Pop. Turns out that he's not too fond of the plastic covering it comes in. The other day I found some actual twin popsicles...the kind on sticks that I use to love as a child. I don't know why I couldn't find any at Big Y. Maybe they are too high and mighty for them, or I'm just blind. But yesterday after we played outside and got hot I decided to give the real popsicles a try. Owen loved it...as you can see from his happy face and thumbs up.



Maybe he has fond memories of these types of popsicles. The last time I had one was when I was in labor with Owen. I was in labor for a LONG time...and of course you can't eat or drink anything during that time. But the nurse said I could have a popsicle. Oh my goodness...I don't think I have ever tasted anything so good as that orange popsicle when I was in labor. I wanted to cry when it was gone! So maybe Owen remembers too...his last meal before coming into the world!


4 comments:

Jenn said...

YEAH!!! You just can't go through life without popsicles! I see that you are a smart and experienced mother....Owen doesn't have shirt on to get all sticky and stained! You go girl!!!

adh said...

Hmm... They sold those at Big Y last summer. I'll be mad if they aren't there now! I buy them for my dog. I know, I know... But she loves them!

Joe Tenney said...

Jonny does popsicles shirtless too:)I wish we lived closer to one another so we could do a playdate for Jonny and Owen (and one for us:)

another day in the life of... said...

Thumbs up for popsicles from us! My kids can't get enough of them...