Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day

You may have heard on the news that we were getting our first major snowstorm of the season today. I was so excited. This is the first year Owen could really get out and play in the snow. The first year he was just a newborn, and last year he couldn't really walk too well yet. I didn't think it would be a good idea to let him crawl around in the snow! So I've been waiting for today, the day I could let Owen loose in the snow to have a blast! I bought him a snowsuit and some nice snowboots.

So the snow finally showed up around 1:00, his naptime. When he finally woke up I was talking to my dad on the phone. So it wasn't until around 5:00 when we finally got him bundled up and outside, and a lot of snow had fallen by then. The image I had of him running around and throwing snow around didn't happen though. I think there was just too much snow....


So standing in the snow wasn't too much fun for him as you can see! So I decided to pull out the snow shovel. He loves anything with a stick on it, so I figured I would put him to work. There was just too much snow though. We decided to call it a night and leave the shoveling for dad.

I also pulled out the little bear coat Owen use to wear to try it on Holly. It's a size 3-6 month, so it's still a little big on her, but she's the cutest little Holly Bear I've ever seen.

Owen was a cute little bear too....2 years ago.


2 comments:

grandpachuck said...

parents are always sad when their children dont live up to the expectations they have for them. snow is cold, and it looks like it was also dark. maybe you should give him a little cheese to go with the whine. just kidding.

Desifier said...

I took Lincoln outside today to put him in the car. Romina had bundled him up so thick that he started to cry saying, "I can't put my arms down."

Anyway, we get outside and a chilled wind blew into his face and he looked like he just had just seen a Ghost. I was dying.