Friday, December 19, 2008

Birthday Party

Last night we had Owen's small little birthday party. The only people in attendance were Scott, Holly and me...but we still had fun!

First we ate Owen's favorite food...PIZZA! I think if you are a kid in America your favorite food is probably pizza. Owen usually has to pick all the toppings off of his pizza because he doesn't seem to like meat for some reason. But since it was his birthday I got him cheese pizza...what a treat!

I have a video of us singing Happy Birthday to Owen...well, actually it's of me singing Happy Birthday to Owen. I started recording, and when Scott noticed I was recording he stopped singing. Scott is such a party pooper! Oh well, I guess every party has a pooper, and that's why we invited Scott!

Besides the photo book we got for Owen, we also got him this inflatable Rocket chair, "Little Einstein" style. Now we just have to find some way to inflate it. There is no way I'm going to be blowing it up myself!
They party ended around 7:00 when I had to head off for my book club's Christmas party! Scott thought I was a horrible mother...but I figured the party was winding down, and Owen wouldn't care anyway. He was having too much fun eating way more junk food then he should have. It showed on the scale too. We went in for his 2 year appointment with the pediatrician today. He has gained almost 2 lbs in the last four months! He is now up to 28 lbs. Of course a year ago he was 24 lbs, so I guess 4 lbs in a year isn't too bad.

2 comments:

grandpachuck said...

pizza, cake and ice cream. he eats like all of the rest of his relatives.

Desifier said...

Gabe loves the Pizza as well. It is one of the few words he actually knows. He opens up the freezer and points at the tony's pizza and goes...itsa?

When I take one out he jumps and laughs. It is great. He also, just pulls of everything on top and leaves the crust. He does eat the meat though.

Happy Birthday O-dog.