Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ornaments

Since I love Christmas Ornaments so much I decided to post 12 of my favorite ornaments on my tree. I was going to do a whole countdown to Christmas with an ornament each day, but then I would have to wait until Saturday. I don't have much patience though...when I get an idea in my head I just want to do it! So here is all 12...they aren't in a particular order, I would have a hard time picking my very favorite!

A coworker gave me this cute little snowman a few years ago.

Another coworker gave me this snowflake. She is from Cape Cod, and it is made out of sand from Cape Cod! I ended up getting her a "snowball" made out of salt from The Great Salt Lake.

My brother Marc got me a bunch of ornaments for Christmas one year. Here is Rudolph and Clarice from "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer". I also have Hermey, Yukon Cornelius and Abominable Snowman.

This is another ornament from my brother Marc. It's a little TV with Rudolph and Clarice on the screen. If you use little lights, like most people do, there is a spot in the bottom to stick two lights in to light up the tree!

My sister-in-law Tracey got me this glass ornament, with Glinda the Good Witch in it, the year we went to see "Wicked".

This is the ornament I got at an ornament exchange party I went to last week. I had to steal it from somebody though.
This was the first ornament I stole from somebody at the ornament exchange last week...but then somebody stole it from me...which is when I ended up stealing the snowman from somebody else. (Don't worry, all this stealing is legal, it's all part of the game). I found out where this ornament had been purchased...so last week when Holly and I were out Christmas shopping we stopped and got one for our tree! The snowman and reindeer just looked like they went together.
This was the first ornament Owen received. I wonder if we can find one that says Holly.

This is one of my first Christmas ornaments...it has a wedding picture of Scott and me in it.

I got this ornament last year at Kiddie Kandid's with Owen's cute little face on it. I ordered one with Holly on it for this year.

A few years ago my visiting teacher gave me a gift, and this ornament was tied to the bow. I love how it's so simple, but beautiful at the same time.

My brother Marc gave me this ornament...he knows where to find the good ones I guess. It is of the SLC Temple.
So there you have it...I have a lot more ornaments on my tree, but I'm sure nobody wants to see them all. If you do want to see them all, come on over! The tree will probably be up until the middle of January when I finally get around to taking it down.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your ornaments are beautiful and I am so glad you took a little drive to Pier One that snowman and reindeer look so great on your tree.

This was a fun post :)

Cheryl said...

What a great idea, Brianne..
my theme this year is clear or silver ornaments, only... No other color allowed- next year- who knows?

grandpachuck said...

what is the deal with the annoying music? now every time i want to see the lastest pictures of my grandkids will i have to endure this? i am going to write to bob dylan and beg him to record an album of christmas songs so that maybe by next year you will have a much better selection.