Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Tree 2008

For the past 6 years or so we have had a 3 foot Christmas tree in our house. We didn't have kids for 5 of the years, and then the year after that we figured Owen wouldn't care if the tree was big or not. I was debating this year whether or not we should get a big Christmas tree since Owen is a little older. Scott works for Lowe's and last week his usual 10% discount went up to 20%...and as I was watching Lowe's commercials I found out that all their Christmas decorations were 50% off. So I thought I would check out their big Christmas trees and then decide if we wanted a big one this year or not. So last Friday night we all headed over to Lowe's to look at the Christmas decorations...they had been wiped out of stuff! OK, there was a few Christmas trees left, like the 9 footers, but I was thinking more about a 7 foot tree...something that might actually fit in the house! So we didn't end up buying a big tree this year...we are sticking with the 3 foot tree for at least one more year.

Saturday I pulled all the decorations out of the attic and Owen and I went to town decorating our little tree. We are definitely going to need a bigger tree next year though because there was hardly any room for all our ornaments, and hopefully I'll be getting more this year. I love Christmas ornaments...whenever people ask what they can get me I tell them Christmas ornaments. I love to have a variety of ornaments too...I will never have a tree with a theme. I like lots of colors, and I like to have big Christmas lights on my tree. It might not be the prettiest tree ever, but I love it!

Here is Owen helping to hang some ornaments. He wasn't too great at getting the hook on the branch, but with a little help he could get them on there. He enjoyed helping me out and looking at the lights on the tree!

Here's the finished product...Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Amber Chappell said...

We also have never had a big Christmas tree. In fact, we just went to the 3 foot tree this year (my neighbor was feeling sorry for us and let us borrow hers!) before that we just had a 1 foot tree on the mantel. But I'm planning on buying a big one once they're on a better clearance sale. My kids are still totally excited about the 3 foot tree though.

Kelly Tillotson said...

we're not doing a christmas tree this year...since our little living room is "briggys clubhouse" he would trample it down before we could get it up. aren't i mommy scrooge or what? i think your tree is perfect sized for your little ones...and GREAT JOB, OWEN with the ornaments--its beeeeauuutiful :)

grandpachuck said...

isn't peter a little upset that you put the tree in his spot? maybe next year i will come and spend christmas with you,i dont think anyone would miss me around here.

ako said...

Don't let grandpachuck come. the reason that no one will miss him is because his real name is Scrooge.