Friday, August 29, 2008

Wacky Hair and Mismatched Clothes

Wacky Week is drawing to a close! Yippee! I think I am the only mother who took the time to actually participate in each day. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. But I figure if the teachers were going to take the time to have a Wacky Week I could take a few minutes to help support them. Yesterday (Thursday) was Wacky Hair day. If they had Wacky Week last week we would have been in great shape because he actually had some hair. But Scott's sister, Owen's beautician, had cut most of it off the week before. So he didn't have much hair to work with. A Mohawk would have been really cool! I thought about doing a Kool-aide dye, but from what I read online that wasn't a good idea. He would have had pink hair for a long time. So I decided to try to spike it. I used gel, it didn't work. His hair just fell right back down. So we stopped at the store on the way to day care and bought some hair putty...I've seen boys using that stuff to keep their hair up, so I thought it might work. We had about 30 seconds to try to get his hair to do something. I sprayed it with some water and then worked the hair putty in. Below is the result, sorry the picture isn't great...the sun was shining through onto his blond hair! It stuck into little spikes fairly well. He looked pretty funny when he went into daycare though because he was the only one with wacky hair! What a bunch of party poopers the other parents are...and their kids have tons of hair!


Then today was Mismatch Day! I was having a hard time finding something that didn't match, so I told Scott to pick him out an outfit! Every time Scott dresses him he doesn't match!!! But luckily I was able to find a hand me down shirt that he has never worn before that totally mismatched a pair of pants he has. So we put on the bright multi-colored horizontally striped shirt with the brown and black vertically striped corduroy pants and he looked quite awful! I added some baby blue socks and his black and white Converse shoes and it looked like his father had dressed him. Mission accomplished! Of course when I dropped him off all the other kids were in nicely matching outfits. I hope I haven't scared my child for life making him go to school dressed all crazy. The teachers liked it though. I'm guessing none of the other kids will even notice that he doesn't match.

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

oh my nightmare I hate mis matched clothes. But hey if he had fun that's all that matters right!

Jenn said...

You are a great mom. I love little boys with spiky hair! So fun! I like that Scott got in on the fun too! Bill can never match the kids clothes or do the girls hair! It just must be something to do with that "Y" chromosome. "Y" for Yikes, Did you do that yourself? LOL. I love my boys! The big one and the little one.

Joe Tenney said...

Brianne you are always such a good sport. Owen looks so cute:)

Jennifer said...

Why is it that dad's just innately know how to create a brilliant mismatch :)