Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Getting to know me 2008

My very good friend Claudia sent me this getting to know you questionnaire for 2008! So I sent it back to her and a bunch of other people I know who don't check my blog out too much. Then I figured I would post it on my blog, and anybody reading this, who wants to, can copy it and put it on their blog. I guess it's a sort of tag! Plus, we get so many of these, the next time somebody sends you one you can just go back to your blog and copy and paste it into the new e-mail! Of course as time goes by our answers change, so it will also be nice to look back in 10 years and see my mind frame on August 5th, 2008. So have fun! (I filled this out yesterday...I just didn't have a chance to post it)

What time did you get up this morning? 7:00…I usually get up at 6:00, but I was being lazy. Pregnancy will do that to you!

Diamonds or pearls? I guess diamonds because I have more diamonds than pearls. Don’t think I’m Elizabeth Taylor drenched in diamonds though…I just don’t have any pearls, except for fake ones. And diamonds are sparkly!

What was the last film you saw at the cinema? “Iron Man” I wasn’t impressed. It was Scott’s choice, of course.

What is your favorite TV show? I watch way too much TV…but I never just sit in front of the tv and watch it, I always have to be doing something while I’m watching, like folding the clothes. Thank goodness for DVR’s so I can watch on my schedule! That said, I guess my favorite TV show would have to be “Lost”

What do you usually have for breakfast? Cereal. I don’t really get into the whole bacon and eggs thing…I just like cereal in the morning. What kind of cereal differs from day to day though.

What is your middle name? Colleen…which is also my mother’s and grandmother’s middle name. That’s why it will also be Holly’s middle name. I can’t break tradition.

What food do you dislike? Hmmm…I remember when I was little my mom made some kind of salad, it was called Frog Eye Salad. I don’t like that! I’ve never had liver, but I don’t think I would like that either. And I really don’t like Eggnog. I guess that’s a drink though

Your favorite CD at the moment? “Grand” by Erin McKeown. I really like all her CD’s, but that is my favorite.

What kind of car do you drive? A 2000 Ford Escort…ZX2 model. I know, you are all jealous!

Favorite sandwich? Roast Beef….if you can find good roast beef. It’s hard to find though

What characteristic do you despise? Arrogance, selfishness, rudeness…all the characteristics that most people despise.

Favorite item of clothing? I don’t think I have one. Right now anything that fits is good with me!

If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? American Fork, Utah! There’s no place like home!!!

Are you an organized person? No way. I wish I were, but I’m not. I was hoping that our union would go on strike for a few weeks so I could get a little more organized, but that didn’t happen….at least not yet.

Where would you retire to? I’ll probably stay where I am…but if I could I would retire in Utah.

What was your most recent memorable birthday? Birthday’s aren’t too memorable anymore. I guess the last memorable birthday was 10 years ago when I was in college and my friend DeDe made me a German Chocolate cake…and my friend Amber was visiting and we had just got 2 cool new roommates. We got a couple of cheap pizza’s from Little Ceasars. It was fun! Of course, I think that’s the last birthday I have pictures of, so that’s probably why I remember it the most.

What are you going to do when you finish this? Go home and be with my favorite person in the world…OWEN!

When is your birthday? August 27th….it’s coming up!!!

Would you like to know the year? 1979…that means I’m almost 29 if you don’t want to do the math. One more year to 30. How did I get this old?

What is your shoe size? 10

Pets? One cat….Peter. He’s the last pet I will ever have too. I’m not a pet person.

Any new and exciting news? I’m having a baby! I guess that isn’t new…but it’s exciting!

What did you want to be when you were little?
A teacher…but my mom told me that was a bad idea so I never went for it. I wish I would have gone to school to be a teacher though. I would have the summers off to spend with my kids! Plus I would love to teach Algebra…I love math!

How are you today? Good…and you?

What is your favorite flower? I like all flowers…I can’t pick a favorite.

What are you listening to right now? Silence…I love it!

What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? October 19th…my due date. I know I probably won’t deliver on that day…but it’s a target date to look forward too. The day I get to meet this creature that has been kicking me and giving me heartburn.

What was the last thing you ate? A nectarine…I love summertime because the nectarines are so good in the summertime! I eat way too many of them. Oh wait…I had some Tums after that…do they count?

Do you wish on stars? No

If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Whatever color God made me I guess. Do we really get to pick what color we are going to be?

How is the weather right now? Sunny and warm…not humid…Woo Hoo!

Last person you spoke to on the phone? Scott…he was telling me he was going to pick Owen up. Nothing too exciting.

Favorite soft drink? Pepsi

Favorite Restaurant? I don’t know…there are tons of good Mexican Restaurants in Utah and Arizona that I love. But no good Mexican restaurants in Massachusetts. I live in a communistic state that doesn’t know what good Mexican food is. It’s sad. I would really like some good Mexican food right now…Holly would too.

Hair color? Blond…always blond. I dyed it red twice, that was fun…but I don’t want to try to keep it up, so blond.

What was your favorite toy as a child? Probably our trampoline. We had a lot of fun on that thing. I’ve got to get one for Owen and Holly.

Summer or Winter? Winter. I really hate the heat!

Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate.

Coffee or tea? We should just take this question out since I don9t think I’m sending it to too many people who would like either.

When was the last time you cried? Today…I watching a special on Prime Time news called “The Last Lecture” about a professor who just had this wonderful outlook on life and he ended up dieing of cancer last Friday night. But he was talking about his kids and how he wasn’t sad that he was going to die, but he was sad that his kids wouldn’t have their father in their lives, then they were showing all these touching videos of him playing with his kids…I was bawling. I’m about to start crying again just thinking of it. So sad.

What is under your bed? Books…we have books everywhere in our house! That’s what I get for marrying a guy who use to run a used books store though.

What did you do last night? I read “Oh, The Places You’ll Go” by Dr. Seuss to Owen….5 times.

What are you afraid of? Something happening to my children…health wise. I’ve been watching this show “Hopkins” on ABC. They show real stories from John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. Every week they have some baby who needs a heart transplant, or a kid with a brain tumor, or a little girl that is brain dead from a swimming accident. It’s pure torture! I don’t know why I keep subjecting myself to it, but I do. Then I cry and hope I never have to live through what the poor parents on the show are living through. That is my worst nightmare!

Salty or sweet? I have a horrible sweet tooth….that’s probably why all of my molars have fillings in them!

How many keys on your key ring? A lot…but I probably couldn’t tell you what most of them go to. How sad is that. I probably only use 3 of them…one for my car, one for Scott’s car and one for the house.

How many years at your current job? 9 years. Time goes by too fast. I’ll be retired here before I know it!

Favorite day of the week? Sunday…I get to spend all day with Owen! And I get to go to church of course.

Do you make friends easily? I think lately I have been…having a kid makes me open up to people more…plus Owen tends to draw people to me.

2 comments:

Kelly Tillotson said...

i didnt know youre birthday was coming up..its between my birthday and toms...im the 20th and hes the 29th! there are SO MANY people with august births...i think we have over ten in my family!

adh said...

I have books under my bed too! And in drawers, shoved in closets, packed in boxes in the basement, piled up in corners, stacked on bookshelves.... Everywhere!

I emailed my responses to you.