Saturday, August 2, 2008

Twilight

So, I finished reading "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer today. I must say it wasn't the worst book I have ever read, but it wasn't my favorite either. The first half of the book seemed to drag on and on. It seemed like it was an endless conversation between Bella and Edward. Let's talk in the car, now let's talk in the cafeteria, now let's talk in the woods...on and on...and when Edward started asking Bella what her favorite color was I thought I was going to go crazy. I understand that they had to have conversations to get to know each other better, but a little action with the conversations would have been nice.

The second half of the book got better though. I read straight through the last 200 pages today, I couldn't put it down. I finally got to the action part of the book! I will keep reading the rest of the books. I already requested the 2nd book from the library...I'll read it as soon as it comes in. Until then I'll be reading this months book club selection, "Hattie Big Sky" by Kirby Larson.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Sometimes all the "hype" sets a high expectation to reach. I skimmed through parts of the second book, but I still love the books. I can't wait to read the fourth, but I don't think I can even start for at least a week. RATS!

adh said...

Well, it's a Young Adult Fiction book. It's supposed to be that way. When we were pre-teens and teenagers, those were the conversations we had. Plus, she had to set up the characters -- that always takes forever in these kinds of books. But once you get to the action, as you learned, it's good stuff! I'm glad you got to read it!

Jocelyn said...

You are the first person to tell the "honest" truth about this book. My cousin is obsessed, and I haven't figured out why. Although I haven't read the book yet. but I guess it turns out pretty good if you're wanting to read the next one. who knows maybe I'll jump on the boat one of these days!

Aleisha said...

I just read the first 100 pages of "Breaking Dawn", and the best descriptor I can come up with is Mormon harlequin romance. I have read hundreds of books and have never had to suffer the awkwardness of someone's honeymoon. These books are so shallow, but for some reason I keep reading them. Not great literature, but entertaining.