Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday! How fun for us kids to have our parents birthday's so close to each other. So I just wanted to say Happy Birthday to my mom. And, even though she doesn't think so, I think she is a wonderful mom. I'm grateful for all she has done for me. These are some of my favorite pictures of my mom.


It's weird to think that our parents had lives before us, but they did. Their lives were probably a lot more fun too. I remember the picture below was in my mom's yearbook. My mom is the one front and center who looks like she's singing or dancing, or maybe both. She was a lot more outgoing in school than any of her kids were. You would have never caught me dead doing something like that in high school. She's always the life of the party.

Happy Birthday to you mom. You still look as lovely as you did in the picture below, but I won't post any recent pictures. I know how much you hate getting your picture taken these days. So for one of your presents I'll refrain from posting any new picture. Plus, I like all these old pictures of you.


Tonight our city is having its fireworks display. They were suppose to have them on July 3rd, but they decided to hold off and have them today to celebrate the birth of my mother. How nice of them!

Happy Birthday to my niece Julie too. She turned 7 years old today! Time flies by too fast.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy birthday to your Mom, Dad and Julie. These are great photos. It is hard to think of our parents as having lives before us. That is so true. The older I get the more I can wrap my mind around them being teenagers and so on. Maybe it is because my kids don't see me as anyone else but mom. It's like I never existed at all before they came along. I some ways, I guess, that is true.

adh said...

Wow! You look exactly like your Mom!

another day in the life of... said...

Some of these pictures could be of my Mom. Or maybe older pictures tend to all look the same. Either way, HAppy Birthday!