Yesterday was the start of the Football Season...again. Well, unless you count pre-season football, which my husband does. Don't get me wrong, I love to watch a football game just as much as the next guy...but my husband loves to watch a football game 100 times more than the next guy. Actually, I don't know if he actually loves watching the game. He gets so nervous when the game is on...he won't eat anything because his stomach is in knots until the end of the game. Of course our team of choice is the Patriots! Who doesn't love Tom Brady and Bill Belichick? OK...don't answer that. But with all their success it seems like my husbands obsession with football just keeps on getting worse and worse. When the pre-season games were on he knew who every new player was, where they had come from, what their stats were...all this ridiculous information that nobody but the coaches should know. Yesterday, after the Patriots win over the Kansas City Chiefs he knew what Back-Up Quarterback Matt Cassel's quarterback rating was...but he forgot that I told him we had no milk. How hard is it to remember "We have no milk"? It's crazy! Fortunately I get support and understanding from his sister...she's seen him action during the games. His sister likes to have Super Bowl parties at her house, but he hasn't been invited to the last two that the Patriots played in. He thinks that during the game everybody should just close their mouths and pay attention to the game...NO TALKING!!! I love the Patriots...but sometimes I wouldn't mind if they lost a few more games. Maybe then my husband would lose this obsession. He wasn't this obsessed the first few years we were married when they weren't playing so well. Now he can spend whole Saturdays sitting on the computer arguing with people about Spygate. He's even writing an article about Spygate...I couldn't tell you the details even though he tells them to me all the time. It's about 30 pages long though...and he was up until 1:00 last night working on it. I've tried to tell him that it's not that important, but he's on a mission to prove to the whole world that the Patriots did nothing wrong. I think he's taken up the mission statement of The Lorax from Dr. Suess's book, "The Lorax"
"UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
So, here's hoping I survive the craziness that is football season in my house. On a cuter note...doesn't Owen look adorable in the new church outfit I got for him at TJ Maxx? It was only $12...what a bargain! Of course he wouldn't stay standing while I was trying to get a picture, so this is the best I got...don't mind the runny nose!!! It was so nice when he just sat still for pictures!
5 comments:
Ah, yes, the Patriots craziness has begun in our house too. Thank goodness -- because my baseball obsession was starting to get a little on the boring side. I'd be more interested in hearing about Scott's article. I'm always arguing with people about Spygate too!
I'll start praying for you to make it through the season! Lucky for me my husband has zero interest in sports. I probably watch more than he does! Oh, and Owen looks super cute too!
there is NEVER a break in "seasons" in our household....Tom watches EVERY sport. Ahhhhhh. We'll have to have you over some time to watch a game. Owen looks so cute, I wonder if they have them in Briggy-size, I'll have to take a look.
We are all things sports here or more accurately Bill is all things sports here. New England sports to be exact. Whatever will we do without Tom Brady! Drats! :/
Well, now that Tom Brady is out for the season, maybe Scott will calm down this year!
Post a Comment