Don't you just love the thoughts that go through your head at 1:30 in the morning....when you are waddling down the hall to the bathroom...for the 4th time since you went to bed at 9:30! I don't know if I should admit what I was thinking, but it was 1:30 in the morning so I have a little bit of an excuse. I was thinking that I was very envious of Owen. Why? Because he never has to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, he gets to wear a diaper! LOL! Not that I am planning on investing in Depends or anything though. I just love the strange thoughts that go through my head when I'm sleep deprived!
Speaking of diapers, my mother-in-law told Owen that he would get to wear big boy underwear soon. I looked at her and asked her what she meant, and she said that I would be potty training him soon. I had no idea that potty training was in my near future, I was thinking more like next summer when Owen is 2 1/2. My mother-in-law then informed me that when Scott was a baby if you didn't have your child potty trained by the time they were a YEAR OLD you were considered a failure!!! Scott was a wonder baby though...and she was the best mother ever, so there you go. What a joy it is to have my mother-in-law live just a mile away.
5 comments:
Wow, I am not even going to attempt training Sean until he is 3 or older. Anything before that will take a heavenly visitation or something to that effect to change my mind. They can't even control those muscles at the age of 1. My Granny use to tell my mom this stuff too. My mom always said, "I think she had herself trained, and not your father!" I agree. Don't worry. You are a wonder mom, and remember YOU know what is best for your children! You are their Mommy!!!!
My advice.. don't push it! some kids are ready sooner then others. If he's ready... yeah!, if not don't rush it.
don't you just love the Motherly advice though?
I think you are great! can't wait for your shower tonight!
He seems a wee bit young to me too. Zack trained at 33 months but wasn't even completely done until right around his third birthday. It was a total nightmare but I'll spare you the details. I think with my twins I'm going to try training closer to three.
Moms in law can be so great. it is really funny to me because they think they are being helpful. i once ended up telling mine that she had her turn & now it was mine. (i didn't add, but wanted to, "so back off!")!
Hahahahahahahaha...gotta love those mothers in law :) You know all about mine so we have something in common. I always wait till my kids "tell" me when it is time. Jakie was 4 and a half when he was potty trained. Took me 2 days and he was done because he was ready. All these "your child should" bla bla bla....I don't listen to any of that! Hee hee hee you know stubborn ol' me :) Love ya!
Post a Comment