He only had to get one shot, but you would have thought it was the end of the world! I guess you can't really blame him though. I hate getting stuck with needles too, and I usually know it's coming! Thankfully the doctor stuck two stickers back to back on a tounge depressor and that cheered him right up. Since he won't eat meat she also wanted to check his iron levels. So we got to do a finger prick...and that thing wouldn't stop bleeding! Since an ample amount of blood was oozing out of him they decided to check on his lead level too. So at least we won't have to do that again at 2 years old. His iron and lead levels came back fine...so we are all set with the doctor until December!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
20 Month Stats
Owen went in for his 20 month check up this morning. He was having a lot of fun in the waiting room running around and trying to get into trouble!!! But as soon as we went back to the exam room he wasn't too happy. He must have known what was coming. First he had to get weighed and measured. He weighed in at 26 lbs and 8 oz...dropping him from the 67th percentile to the 50th percentile. The doctor ask me if I fed him...I do, he just doesn't like to eat all the time. I've never met a pickier eater. She said we would have to watch his weight. He is 34 1/2 inches tall...up 2 1/2 inches from the last visit...and up from the 75th percentile to the 87th percentile. His father will be happy to hear that! He was always in the 90th percentile for height until his last appointment, but he's moving back up. Then of course his head...95th percentile still. That boy has a BIG head!
He only had to get one shot, but you would have thought it was the end of the world! I guess you can't really blame him though. I hate getting stuck with needles too, and I usually know it's coming! Thankfully the doctor stuck two stickers back to back on a tounge depressor and that cheered him right up. Since he won't eat meat she also wanted to check his iron levels. So we got to do a finger prick...and that thing wouldn't stop bleeding! Since an ample amount of blood was oozing out of him they decided to check on his lead level too. So at least we won't have to do that again at 2 years old. His iron and lead levels came back fine...so we are all set with the doctor until December!
This picture isn't from today....it was a few weeks ago....but he has such a cute smile in it I just had to share it. Plus he wasn't looking too happy today.
He only had to get one shot, but you would have thought it was the end of the world! I guess you can't really blame him though. I hate getting stuck with needles too, and I usually know it's coming! Thankfully the doctor stuck two stickers back to back on a tounge depressor and that cheered him right up. Since he won't eat meat she also wanted to check his iron levels. So we got to do a finger prick...and that thing wouldn't stop bleeding! Since an ample amount of blood was oozing out of him they decided to check on his lead level too. So at least we won't have to do that again at 2 years old. His iron and lead levels came back fine...so we are all set with the doctor until December!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment