
Yesterday kicked off our annual Big E experience! For anybody who doesn't live in New England, the Big E is like the state fair for the six New England states. I wonder if people from Maine really drive down to go to it though? I know the only reason I go is because it's a 20 minute drive away. More than that would be too much for me! I actually can only stand to go for one day. Scott LOVES going to the Big E though, so he always buys a pass for all 17 days! Too me it's mainly a big Infomercial where they try to sell me a bunch of junk I don't need...and sometimes I give in. I also eat a bunch of food I shouldn't eat, and I'm usually miserable because it's always hot and humid when we go. But I always look forward to going each year and wonder why I looked forward to it when I get there!

We started off the day eating some unhealthy food. Owen is such a picky eater, so we had to find something he would eat...French Fries! Here he is enjoying his fries dipped in ketchup. We also had donuts, chocolate milk, grilled cheese sandwiches (Owen), chili dogs (me), hamburgers (Scott), cookies, chicken and cheese kabobs, and chocolate covered fruit! What a day of healthy eating it was. But I guess you don't really go to the fair expecting to eat healthy. At least I didn't get heartburn! Actually I've been pretty lucky this pregnancy, I haven't had heart burn as bad as I did with Owen. I think it's because Holly is hanging out on the right side of my body and Owen hung out on the left, pushing my stomach up!

We got to see how much Scott weighed in the cow barn. I know you probably can't read the sign above him very well, but it said that he weighs as much as a Giant Pumpkin! Later we saw the Giant Pumpkins and one of them was 904 lbs! Scott really needs to cut back on the fair food if he's up to 904 lbs now.

The lucky part of being a kid...you get to take naps while your parents push you around the hot and humid fair! Actually, this was one of the nicest parts of the day because Owen wasn't trying to run away from us. So we sat down and cooled off for a while and drank some chocolate milk. We drank a lot of chocolate milk because it was the cheapest thing we could find to drink. They wanted about $2.50 for a bottled water...that's so wrong! I've got to remember to brink my own water next time.

They have a Marti
Graw Parade which seemed to take forever this year. We got stuck in the back, so Scott gave Owen a lift on his shoulders so he could see what was going on. Owen really liked the marching bands. He also liked wearing two hats at once, as you can see in the picture above!

We also bought Holly her coin bank so that Owen and her won't have to fight over Owen's when she comes along. Scott picked out the pink dinosaur for her. Owen is already trying to claim it as his own. Too bad he can't read and see that her name is already on it!
Overall our 2008 family trip to the Big E wasn't too bad...we actually came home with cash in our pockets and I only bought one thing from the infomercial people! We were SO tired when we got home though...and I got a horrible rash from the heat. So I'm going to take it easy today and hopefully recover enough so that I can go back to work tomorrow. We were suppose to go to the Bronx Zoo with Scott's sister today, but we decided to put that on hold for now. I didn't really feel like spending the day chasing Owen around the zoo.
1 comment:
Ok, so I completely forgot about the Big E. Sean and I will maybe go one day while the girls are in school. I think that way I don't have to pay for my girls to ride the rides and stuff. I totally LOVE that bank, and Owen is sooo handsome. What a cutie!
Post a Comment