I think the worst part of being pregnant this time around is the lack of air I seem to be getting! When I was pregnant with Owen I read that it could happen, but I never seemed to notice it. But this time around I can't even put Owen into his car seat without feeling like I've just run for 10 minutes. I had to review Emma last night at book club, and any time I said more than 2 sentences I was running out of breath! I can't sing in the car without feeling like I'm going to pass out. It's really bad. Thankfully this will pass...just about 4 more weeks to go! I guess I should be grateful that I don't have the heartburn that I had with Owen. That would keep me up at nights in total misery. I still get heartburn, but not nearly as bad as with Owen.
Sometimes I wonder if the different sex of the babies is what causes the different symptoms. In the past week I've had two total strangers come up to me and tell me, "You must be having a girl...I can tell by the way you are carrying up high." Which is strange because I always thought they said if you were carrying high you were having a boy...carrying low you were having a girl. I know Owen was always in my ribs, but on my left side. Holly is always in my ribs, but on my right side. They say each pregnancy is different...and I guess they are right. I suppose that only somebody who has had more than one boy and one girl could tell me if the sex of the baby causes different symptoms....or if I've been reading too many old wives' tales.
No comments:
Post a Comment