Friday, May 1, 2009

The Neighbor Boy

This is a picture I took a few nights ago. I had a really hard time getting a picture of Owen playing with his kite he got from his Easter Basket. This one is kind of dark, but the best one I got. Owen is in front, running with the kite. The little boy in yellow is our neighbor, Edward. Lately Edward has been coming over a lot. As soon as we pull into the drive way he jumps over the fence and wants to play with Owen. It's nice for Owen to have somebody to play with, but Edward doesn't like to share. He is always grabbing Owen's things away from Owen and trying to take off with them. So either Scott or I have to be outside to make sure no big fights start. He's a nice enough kid for the most part though.

I can't remember if it was last April or last October when my mom was here, but she started making conversation with Edward over the fence while she was outside. She asked him his name, he said "Edward." Then he asked her what her name was and she said, "Judy." There was a little bit more conversation than that...but that's how he learned my mom's name. Fast forward to last Sunday. Edward was at our house on the back porch. He was peering into the sliding glass door, looking for something.

Finally he said to me, "Where's Judy?"

So I told him that she didn't live with us. A few days later he asked me where she was again. I told him that she lived far away...

"She lives in Utah," I said.

Edward got a confused look on his face..."Me-tah?"

Hehe...I had to explain to him that Utah (not You-tah) was a state, like Massachusetts. I don't think he understood though. He is only in Kindergartin, so I guess I will give him a few more years and try to explain it to him again.



( Scott and Holly enjoying the kite flying)

No comments: