Saturday, April 11, 2009

Good Friday

Yesterday I was lucky enough to have the day off from work. The weather was pretty dang nice, so we headed outside to enjoy it.

This is the Big Wheel that Owen got for Christmas. He really likes riding it around, but his feet don't quite reach the peddles when they are pushed all the way out front. So he just scoots around on it with his feet, Flinstones Style!

I brought Holly's exersaucer outside so she could enjoy the weather without being held by me the whole time. I had some raking to do, and it's not easy to rake when you are holding a little girl. She had a lot of fun outside.

Those leaves were all raked up into a nice little pile. Then Owen came along and started running through all of them.

He did help me pick up some leaves and branches and put them in the trash though. He loves to help out. I'm sure that won't last forever, so I'll enjoy it while I can!

The little monkey hanging on the fence is our neighbor Edward. He is always outside playing by himself, so he gets pretty excited when we come outside. He loves to chat our ears off, asking questions like, "What's tomorrow?", "What's his name?", "Can he give me my ball back?". This last question is asked when Owen grabs the ball Edward has thrown over the fence and takes off in a sprint with it. Edward likes to play catch with Owen, but sometimes Owen forgets that he has to throw the ball back.
After all the fresh air and exercise Owen took a nice long nap. You gotta love the nice spring air!

No comments: