Saturday, April 11, 2009

Coloring Eggs

Last night we colored Easter Eggs with Owen. I always loved the tradition of coloring eggs when I was growing up, and I want my kids to have the same fun as I did. This was Owen's 2nd year of color eggs. He seemed to have a lot of fun this year.

First I showed him how to put the egg in the color and then fish it out with the wire do-hicky that comes with the kit. He paid very close attention and learned quickly.

He didn't learn how to place the egg in the dye very well though...he kind of slammed it into the blue dye. After that I placed the eggs in the dye and let him get them out. Next year I will remember to put newspaper down too! It's a learning process for all of us I guess...

Owen did a good job of getting the eggs out though...

We tried to get Holly involved, but she wasn't too interested. Maybe next year.

Owen gently placed most of the eggs back in the carton. He only broke one of them...which I ate..yum yum!

The finished product...17 multi colored eggs. Next step, hide them on Sunday for a fun Easter Egg hunt...and hope we don't lose any outside. Could you imagine what an egg would smell like left outside until July?

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

i didn't even attempt to color eggs! but next year I'll go full blast! I've got a fun gift for you tomorrow!