Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Thanks Mom


Yesterday my mom had to leave us...it was a sad day. Things haven't been as tasty around here since then either. I don't know why, but I never caught the cooking bug like most of my family. Scott really enjoyed getting some real homemade dinners for 10 days or so....not to mention the great breakfasts she made. Of course she did more than just cook. She also cleaned, did the laundry and helped keep Owen happy while I was trying to keep Holly happy. She bathed and got clothes on Owen too, which isn't always an easy task....especially since he is getting closer to that 2 year mark and likes to have temper tantrums. Not fun!
I'm sure my mom was thrilled to leave our crazy house and to not have to cook and clean all day. But we miss her. She was kind enough to leave us lots of food to keep us going for a while, so thankfully we aren't back to my cooking yet. So thank you mom for everything. I do really appreciate it, and now I realize I have a lot to learn before Holly starts having kids...thankfully I have a bit of time before that happens! It's nice to have a talented mother who takes care of you when you need it the most!

2 comments:

grandpachuck said...

its also nice to have mom back where she belongs, which is here being bugged by me, filling up the fridge with tons of food. she went to the store today just in the nick of time to buy halloween candy. she bought about 80 candy bars for the 20 trick or treaters that usually come around. the walnut tree leaves need to be raked up and she lives for that. on top of everything else, i am pretty sure she missed me. i was happy she could go and help you, but i am even happier that she has come home to roost!!!!

lorenzis said...

Hey girl, I know what you mean! It is nice to have a mom to help out. I wish I was still in MA to help you out now. I got a little "package" ready for cutie Holly and I hope that you will like it. It's not all pink because you know what I think of girls and all pink :) Love you very much and I hope you're not too sad having your mom gone! Sending you hugs!!