Monday, October 6, 2008

Procrastination

Hello, my name is Brianne, and I'm a procrastinator! Do they have support groups for procrastinators? I think I need one. OK, I don't procrastinate at everything. If you gave me a cookie I wouldn't procrastinate eating it. And when I was in school I never procrastinated doing my math homework. When the teacher would give us our math homework and all the kids were groaning because there was too much, I was groaning because there wasn't enough! I always got stuck with the teacher who never gave out enough math homework. I was jealous of the kids whose teachers told them to do all the problems! I've just always loved math...I should have been a math teacher so I could do it everyday! Weird I know.

Other than those two things though I pretty much procrastinate at everything. If I ever had a paper to write in school I always had the best intentions of getting it written 2 weeks ahead of time, but I never looked at it until the night before it was due. The most dreaded calling for me at church is teaching because I always had the best of intentions to start preparing the lesson a month ahead of time, but I always waited until the day before. I don't know why I can't stop procrastinating. I always pack for trips at the last minute. We always eat dinner late because I procrastinate making it, and I have a hard time with e-mail because I love to get e-mails, but then I procrastinate writing back. It's a serious problem!

So this past weekend I had big plans to get everything all ready for Holly. I was going to pack my bag for the hospital, get her car seat installed, get her room cleaned...I had lots of plans. I didn't do any of it! All I did was move Owen's car seat to make room for Holly's. I'm not too worried about her room. Right now it's the guest room, and it's going to stay that way for about another month. I want my mom to have a bed to sleep on when she gets here, and Holly will be in our room for a few months anyway. But the room is a mess with tissue paper and bags and all sorts of stuff from me trying to organize all of Holly's clothes, blankets, etc... Of course I have had big plans to do all this stuff for the past 3 weekends! Instead I spent a lot of the weekend outdoors trying to clean up the yard. This is also something I've been planning to do...since the beginning of the summer! Our bushes always need one good trimming each year. I usually do it at the beginning of the summer, this year Scott and I finally got it done at the beginning of the fall. Neither of us are landscaping type people though. We just try to keep the yard looking somewhat neat. We'd probably get kicked out of Utah. There just always seems to be something better to do...like reading!

So there you have it, my one biggest flaw...at least in my eyes! Maybe someday I'll kick the habit, but I wouldn't count on it.

4 comments:

Amber Chappell said...

I have to agree that you are a procrastinator! The first thing that came to my mind was the pile of laundry you had during college and how DeDe and I would tell you it was time to wash it and instead you would just go shopping and buy more clothes! But we all love you tons anyway! :) Also, I'm pretty sure Holly won't care at all if her room is clean when she first arrives. So put it off and maybe your mom will feel sorry for you and clean it when she comes. That's what always happens when my mom comes to help out with a new baby!

another day in the life of... said...

i agree on the letting your mom take pity thing. unless, you get the procrastinating gene from your mom!...

lorenzis said...

I never knew that about you! Thanks for sharing :) I remember packing the bag to deliver Ceddie was after my water broke at home. I had nothing ready. It was different with Jakie. Maybe I was all new at it the first time and the second time I thought I had it all down heheheheheh!!!

grandpachuck said...

good job!! now get busy with the other 9, your mother is coming and she will need something to do while she is there besides tivo and taking owen to the big y to buy him a pumpkin.