Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blessing Dress

Holly's grandma made her this beautiful gown and bonnet to hopefully be blessed in. We decided to try it on today to see how it fits. I think she looks like a little angel in it. It was a bit big, so that's good. We will be blessing Holly in January when we go to Utah. So hopefully she won't be too big for it by then. If she is we might just have to cram her into it! I'm definitely going to take her down to get some professional pictures taken of her in it though. This is a dress to be passed down from generation to generation.

5 comments:

grandpachuck said...

another photo of mom and holly. i am still waiting for one where you can actually see that it is mom. nice dress by the way. i can see mom is still working on her quilt.

lorenzis said...

How cute! She does look like an angel!

Amber Chappell said...

My mother in law had a dress made for Lexi too and it was a little too small by blessing day but we just didn't button it up all the way in the back and no one even noticed so it worked out just fine. Holly's dress is gorgeous by the way and I'm sure took lots of work!

Amber Chappell said...

Hey I just noticed that I was your 3001th visitor -- do I get a prize!!!!!

Jenn said...

Holly is so beautiful. My little 8 yo Erin was blessed in a dress very similar to Holly's dress. It brings back lots of memories. Watch carefully and enjoy completely, it goes by really, really fast!