On Saturday we headed down to Connecticut for a cookout with a bunch of Scott's friends. The weather was perfect, and Owen had a blast jumping on the trampoline that was there. This past year I have been telling Scott that we needed a trampoline, but he wasn't convinced. I grew up with a trampoline, I know how much fun they are! I have many great memories on that trampoline, from sleeping outside on it during the summer to being popped above the house and peeing my pants from fright...ok, mabye that is a bit embarrassing, but funny to remember.
So I was sure that Owen would love the trampoline, he loves the jump. He always wants me to hold his hands to help him jump higher. But when we first put him on the trampoline he wanted nothing to do with it. Scott was holding his hands and he was trying to get off. Meanwhile, I had Holly on the trampoline and she was having fun. So Owen decided Holly couldn't have all the fun, and he started jumping, but he would only jump by the side holding onto Scott's hands. Later another lady at the cookout had his hands and he was jumping holding onto her. Her son (Matt) was jumping in the middle, and we finally convinced Owen that he could hold onto Matt's hands and jump. So he did. Then he had some real fun. Owen and Matt jumped for a long time, but they always had to be holding each other's hands...so they tripped a lot...but they had fun. A while later we were able to get Owen on the trampoline by himself. I think Scott is finally convinced that we can buy a trampoline!
As for the rest of our weekend...on Sunday we went to Scott's sister's house for a family cookout. We had a fire roaring and we made lots of smores...yay! Then on Monday my sister-in-law and I went to Connecticut to play Bingo! I don't know why I love playing Bingo, but I do. We didn't win anything, but we had fun meeting some nice new people.
1 comment:
the love of playing bingo must have skipped a generation or two. my parents use to play bingo all the time and drag me along. i do not love playing. your grandma kinch use to play 30 cards at a time. mom and i would go the sacred heart chapel and find her. we would eat the mexican food they sold and play one of grandma's cards. so, it must be in your blood, sorry.
Post a Comment