Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Little Things

It's amazing the little things that can make a child happy. A few weeks ago we got these clipboard folder thingys at work to promote a program they have going on. I took it to the baby shower and wrote down all Tracey's gifts in it. Then I brought it home and gave it to Owen.

He said, "Oh Thank You!" and promptly sat down...

and got to work drawing.

I couldn't even get him to look up for a picture of a smile!
It's amazing how kids love the little things. Why do people insist on spending so much on big toys that don't entertain a child for more than 5 minutes, when something like a pen and free notepad can entertain them for hours? Owen does have a love of drawing, whether it be on paper or walls. I prefer paper though, so I try to keep him fully stocked and supplied in paper goods.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Looks like he is a lefty. Hopefully he will have as nice of handwriting as his mother.

Your kids really are super cute!