Saturday, September 19, 2009

New Things

I'm sure you all have been waiting patiently by your computer to see what I have done with all my free time. We'll I've been having some fun, and trying out some new things.

First, I watched a movie, "7 Pounds", or at least I started watching it. I have about 30 minutes left to watch, but it hasn't really caught my attention yet. I'm hoping that it's one of those movies with a really great ending that makes you happy you watched through all the boring parts.

While I was watching the movie I worked on one of my New Years Resolutions, which was to cross stitch 4 stockings for the kids, Scott and I. I am happy to report that Scott's stocking is all stitched up and ready to be made into a stocking. I am hoping that my lovely grandmother in Arizona will help me turn it into a stocking when we visiting her in a few weeks!

Then my sister-in-law took me out to be pampered as a thank you for helping her with her baby shower.

We got pedicures! That was a lot of fun. I don't know why I've never tried that before. I am quite in love with my cute little toes. We drove around to many stores after getting pedicures because I needed to find the perfect pair of sandals to wear with my cute new toes. Silly me, stores stop selling sandals at the end of summer! This picture doesn't do my toes justice though...they are much cuter than they appears.

Another first at the beauty salon...I got my eyebrows waxed! I have always been deathly afraid of getting my bushy eyebrows waxed for fear of the pain. I put on a brave face and faced down the hot wax though....and it wasn't that bad. Tweezing is a lot more painful than waxing!

Now I'm home, and Scott and the kids aren't. I still have more free time. I think I'm going to take a nap! Then I will be prepared for Holly's 1:45 AM wake-up call. The fun never stops around here!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Hooray Brianne!

I am so glad you have a blog. I am HORRIBLE with the whole Facebook stuff...my siblings convinced me to join but I am lousy at it.

Now, as for blogging....that's more my style! :)

Thanks for the comment. You DID always stick up for me....And I loved you for it! :)

I can't wait to read all about you and your little ones.

Your kids are ADORABLE!

Love you loads, Emily

grandpachuck said...

sounds like fun. did the kids have fun at the big E?

C Tam said...

You are right--waxing brows is the bEST, but I have retained my tweezing ways b/c waxing is more expensive...

And your toes ARE really cute!! I have a pair of red strappy sandals/heels you can have if you want some shoes to show off those toes. My feet grew with this pregnancy and I don't think I can ever wear these lovely red shoes again. Size 8 1/2 women's. Any chance they'd do the trick?

Brianne said...

Hey Courtney...thanks for the offer. I have big feet though...size 10 for me!