It's that time of year again...state fair time! The state fair here in New England is called The Big E, and it's suppose to be the fair for all 6 New England States. Luckily (?) we live closer to it than most of the people in New England, so we usually go every year. Scott likes to buy a 17 day pass so he can go whenever he wants. Me, I like to just get a free ticket from Scott's mom and go for about 3 hours every year. They have all the same junk every year, so I really just go for the food...yum yum!On the fair grounds there are 6 buildings which are called the State Buildings. Each New England state runs one of the buildings, and in their building are businesses and foods that are suppose to represent that state. So I love to go through the state buildings and get one thing to eat from each building. Then Scott, Owen, Holly and I all share that one thing. We are quite frugal : ) So here is a tour of our feast this year.
New Hampshire
We found some banana and strawberry shish-kabobs that were covered in chocolate. Four pieces for fruit for $4.00. What a deal! (That is a deal at the Big E)
Connecticut
Connecticut was the worst building...it always is. It's hard to find something, but we found a giant piece of pizza for $4.00. Owen loves pizza, so we decided to get one and share it. When we went outside to eat it we saw them grilling corn on the cob! Dang, that would have been much more yummy than this piece of chewy reheated pizza.
ConnecticutConnecticut was the worst building...it always is. It's hard to find something, but we found a giant piece of pizza for $4.00. Owen loves pizza, so we decided to get one and share it. When we went outside to eat it we saw them grilling corn on the cob! Dang, that would have been much more yummy than this piece of chewy reheated pizza.
We always get a chocolate chip cookie and a cup of milk in the Vermont building. Only $2.00 for both! What a deal. Holly really enjoyed munching on part of the cookie.
Maine always sells baked potatoes, and the line for the baked potatoes is always about 3 miles long. Lucky for us though, the line wasn't too long while we were there! So we got a baked potato with everything on it for $5.00. Holly, Scott and I thought it was great. Owen wouldn't touch it. We watched a parade going by while we ate this yummy treat.
After our food tour through the state buildings we wandered around and saw lots of live infomercials. At the end of the day Owen found these barns where he had a blast running around and jumping in them. I tried to get Scott to take a picture of me and the kids, and this is what we got. I can tell family pictures are going to be fun this year. It might be impossible to get both kids to look at the camera at the same time. Oh well, I'm up for a challenge! Hopefully when they take our family picture they have a better flash too.
We had a hard time deciding in Massachusetts. There was some baked mac and cheese that looked really good, but we finally settled on an apple for 50 cents! It was time for something healthy. After we bought the apple we saw that we could buy an apple cider donut and a cup of apple cider for just $1.25, so we got that too. Then we enjoyed our apple feast on the front lawn of the building.
Rhode Island
Rhode IslandRhode Island was full of fish. That was pretty much all there was. I love clam chowder, so I got a bowl, but nobody would help me eat it except for Holly. Owen did enjoy the oyster crackers that came with it though.
After our food tour through the state buildings we wandered around and saw lots of live infomercials. At the end of the day Owen found these barns where he had a blast running around and jumping in them. I tried to get Scott to take a picture of me and the kids, and this is what we got. I can tell family pictures are going to be fun this year. It might be impossible to get both kids to look at the camera at the same time. Oh well, I'm up for a challenge! Hopefully when they take our family picture they have a better flash too.Now that Big E fun is over for me it's time to start getting ready for Utah. Now that is going to be a challenge...flying with 2 kids...yikes! I know I did it back in January, but Holly was 3 months at the time and didn't really care about crawling all over the place. So wish me luck!

Vermont
Maine
Massachusetts
3 comments:
I like your systematic fair experience. I would have helped you eat the clam chowder. :)
Do you love living back there? It seems so picturesque, I bet you have tons o' fun.
And looks like the fair was good to your taste buds!
You are such a cutie...and such a good lit'l mom.
Thanks for the anniversary wishes.
You are queen of the Big E deals! Sounds like I need to go with you to find the eats. I paid way too much for food that didn't seem as appealing as yours.
Post a Comment