I love Mexican food. I think I grew up eating Mexican food at least 4 times a week. So when I moved to Massachusetts and discovered that there was no good Mexican Restaurants, I was quite disappointed. A few years ago Scott had a coworker that told him about a good Mexican Restaurant in Connecticut, which is about 20 minutes away from us. We didn't try it out though. People out here really don't know good Mexican food. But then last week my coworker Martin told me that he had heard of the same restaurant as being good. So we decided to try it out.So yesterday Martin and my family took off for Connecticut. The restaurant looked like a Mexican restaurant should. They actually made their own tortilla chips, which is always a plus. The rest of the food was pretty good. It was definitely the best stuff I have had since I moved out here. So overall we were all pretty happy with the restaurant. I'm happy that I will have somewhere to go get some good grub at when I'm feeling homesick! (I want you to know that I just ran the spell check, and every time I spelled restaurant it was spelled wrong! I don't know why I can't spell that right without the spell checker.)
After we got home I decided to take our children out on a walk. It was a beautiful day yesterday! I loaded them up in our stroller (which was the biggest one the luggage handlers at the airport had ever seen) and we went out for a nice long walk. Before we had kids Scott and I use to go on 3 hour long walks at least twice a week. We don't have that much time anymore, but we still enjoy getting out there and strolling around the town.
4 comments:
I feel the same way about Mexican restaurants out this way! what was the restaurant you went to???
It use to be called the Guadalajara Grill, but there were new owners...so I can't remember what the new name was. It's in Granby, CT though.
Our neighborhood has about 5Mexican restaurants in a one mile radius!
I am so excited for Spring and long walks!
Good Mexican food is one of the things I miss most about Utah! We have about 5 Indian restaurants in a one mile radius of our house:)
Post a Comment