Friday, March 13, 2009

Lots of Pictures


This is a picture of me. On my birthday...my actual birthday. We have been asked to bring a picture of ourselves on a previous birthday to our Relief Society Birthday Party this month. As I was looking through pictures of myself as a child I realized that this is probably the only picture taken of me on one of my birthdays. Actually, I'm just guessing it was taken on my birthday...it could have been a day or two later. I'm not saying that I don't have pictures of myself as a child, I just don't have a lot. I don't blame my parents for not taking a lot of pictures. I was the 3rd child. I'm sure the excitement of having children had worn off by then. There are more pictures of me as a child then of my youngest brother. I just couldn't find any that looked like they were taken on one of my birthdays.

Another thing has changed since I was a child too. Cameras have changed. There is no more buying film, taking pictures, taking the film to get developed and seeing in 2 or 3 days how they turned out. Now we have instant gratification thanks to digital cameras. I can take pictures and instantly know if they are good or not. And I have gone crazy taking pictures of my kids. I have taken about 6300 pictures of Owen and Holly since the day Owen was born. I'm not a great photographer, but my kids will never have to wonder what they looked like as children.

Here are just a few of the pictures I have taken in the past few days....

We were sitting at the table, eating dinner. Holly was sitting in her swing watching us. I grabbed the camera and took a picture...

Owen is a nut! It's hard to get a picture of him these days because he's always on the move...

Holly was having so much fun in her exersaucer the other day. She was looking at all the toys and getting very excited. I grabbed the camera and took TONS of pictures...

She was making some seriously funny faces and noises...

Then she noticed me and gave me a smile....

Last night I found the Sepia setting on the camera...Holly looks good in Sepia...

Then I found the Black & White....

And I couldn't help myself from taking a picture of Holly's cute little feet.

2 comments:

Aleisha said...

Holly looks just like you as a baby. Love the pictures.

grandpachuck said...

your mother and i always hoped that our children would be better parents than we were. your mother was pretty good. i was always a bum. sorry about the lack of pictures.