Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lupa Zoo

I haven't forgotten about my blog. I have just been pretty lazy about updating it lately. Every day I think, I should really update my blog, but I read, cross stitch or check up on facebook instead! I have a few things I've been wanting to write about, so for the next few days I will try to put something up until I catch up on all the fun we have been having.

A few weekend ago I decided to take Owen to the zoo for the first time. We have a zoo close to our home called Lupa Zoo. It's not a big zoo...they don't have elephants or lions, but they had a pretty good selection of animals. It was actually a perfect sized zoo for Owen's attention span.



They had zebras, camels, giraffes, bears, alligators....


Donkeys, ducks, birds, turtles, pigs, oxen, monkeys...and a lot more animals. I just can't remember them all.

They also had a park. Owen was so happy to see a slide....

And a truck! We played in the playground for a while...Owen didn't want to leave. I had to bribe him with ice-cream.

Owen also had a lot of fun pushing his stroller around. On the other side of that pink bench there were monkeys...but he had no interest in the monkeys at that point. He just wanted to push the stroller.

My little monkey boy.

They also had a room full of those kids rides that you put quarters in to make go. Owen had a lot of fun riding in this race car. Scott's father (Owen's grandpa) was a race car driver. So maybe Owen got his love of race cars from him.
After the zoo I kept my promise to Owen and we stopped and got an ice-cream cone on the way home. I started with Mint Cookie and Owen started with Strawberry. But about half way through the cones he decided he wanted mine. That was OK with me, I liked the strawberry flavor a lot better!

No comments: