Thursday, August 27, 2009

Got Blueberries?

Today is my 30th birthday. I don't have much to say about it though. It pretty much just feels like any other day to me. I don't expect anything exciting to happen, nothing ever does. Unless you count Scott getting rear-ended in our van on the way to work...and not getting the other guys insurance information because he didn't want to be late to work...but I don't think that's too exciting. I've decided to start a tradition of getting rid of a bad habit on my birthday, and this year I'm giving up soda. And that's all I have to say about my birthday.

I still have a few other things I've been meaning to post. First up...BLUEBERRIES!

I've discovered that Holly loves blueberries. I give her frozen ones. She loves to eat them, and squish them in her fingers, and spread the purple juice all over the place.

I bought blueberries because I wanted to try this recipe out. They turned out really yummy. They don't look as good as they do on the website I got the recipe from, but they were still good. I love eating blueberries baked into thing, but the problem is nobody in my family does. So I had this huge pan of Blueberry Crumb bars, and nobody but myself to eat them. I guess I could have brought them into work, but I didn't feel like being generous with my coworkers.

After eating lots of blueberries Holly was quite the mess. Instead of hauling her upstairs to take a bath I decided to just stick her in the kitchen sink. Maybe this isn't very hygienic, but it was so much easier then bending over the bathtub!

Holly had a blast splashing in the sink. The floor was soaking wet by the time we were done. Owen was walking by and he slipped...whoops. I asked Owen if he wanted a bath in the sink, and he said no. Good thing because I think he's a little too big for the sink. I think the sink freaked him out too much. He has a fear of running water...I don't know where that came from. But he won't get in the bath if the water is still running.

I was happy to have my clean baby girl back. Maybe she'll stay small and I can keep bathing her in the kitchen sink!

4 comments:

Amber Chappell said...

Happy Birthday Brianne! By the way I totally remembered you birthday before I saw your blog. I only say that because I wanted you to know that I'm your coolest friend! :)

grandpachuck said...

holly looks like a blueberry

dedesmith32 said...

Happy Birthday! Love the photos of Holly! By the way, since I still don't have your "pay it forward" gift done yet - if you want to send more pictures, I'll include them of Holly and Owen! Love ya!

Jocelyn said...

Brock had all his baths in the kitchen sink when we were visiting Nana! I just made sure to clean it first! I tried the shower with him once and he was NOT a fan. And yes It's much better than bending over the bathtub. I've told Ryszard that he gets to do all the baths now! I'm such a sweet wife!