The little boy who was turning 3 is Jacob. He is one of the little boys Owen goes to daycare with. His mom teaches at the college in town, so Jacob stays home with her during the summer. He was missing all his friends from daycare, so all his friends got invited to his party. It seemed a bit extravagant for a 3 year old's birthday party, but I guess that's the way things are going these day.
The party was at a gymnastics gym, and they had lots of obstacle courses for the kids to go through, and trampolines. It looked like fun!
First they stretched. After Scott saw these pictures he wished he was at the party. Look at that girls legs! I should have been a gymnast. The little boy in the blue Mickey Mouse shirt is Jacob, the birthday boy.
Here is the beginning of one of the obstacle courses. That little girl is Christina. Her and Owen have been hanging out at daycare together since they were both babies. Behind her in the picture is a long skinny trampoline. They kids had to jump all the way down the trampoline and then jump into that pit of giant foamy blocks. I don't know why they didn't invite the parents to do the jumping...it looked like fun!
After they got out of the giant pit of foam blocks they had to walk across the balance beam, which was a giant green crayon shape.
Then they rolled down this slope and started over at the beginning. There were a few other obstacles, but this is the only one I took pictures of.
There were two trampolines that they all got to take turns jumping on. I keep telling Scott we need a trampoline! Maybe next summer. They only let one kid jump on a trampoline at a time though. I think they would have croaked if they saw the trampoline I grew up with. There was rarely less than 5 kids on it! I guess they have safety liability issues though.
After all the fun the kids went upstairs and had cake and ice-cream. Jacob opened his gifts, and then he gave all the kids at the party a gift bag. I think the stuff in the gift bag cost more than the gift we got for him cost! Why do people spend so much on kids parties these days...especially a 3 year old's party? What happened to cake, ice-cream and pin the tail on the donkey? Owen had a lot of fun though. Every day he says, "Let's go to Jacob's Birthday PARTY!!!" This might be a fun idea for a party...when Owen is a little bit older!
No comments:
Post a Comment