Scott's yearly company picnic was held at Six Flags New England this year! I was really excited to take Owen so I could see if he would love to ride on the rides like I do! We had been having some really lousy weather, lots of rain and very little sunshine. But on the day of the picnic there was tons of sunshine and the weather was just beautiful! Everybody else must have thought so too, because the place was PACKED!

We started off with some train rides. The first train we went on was actually a Thomas the Train Ride. Those people at Six Flags are really tricky...after the kids get off the ride they have to exit through a Thomas the Train gift shop! Owen loved the train ride, and he loved playing with the train set they had in the gift shop. The only way we could get him out of the gift shop was to bribe him with another ride on the train....which led back to the gift shop. It was a vicious cycle!
Holly soaked up some sun. She was well coated in SPF 70 sunscreen so she wouldn't get sunburned. She also rode on the Thomas Train, but Scott was the one trying to take pictures, and he doesn't know how to use my camera very well! So we don't have any good pictures of the experience. Holly didn't seem overly impressed by the train though.
When we finally got away from Thomas Town we headed over to Looney Tunes Town. Owen loved riding on these little cars, and Scott even went with him once! This is about as exciting as a ride as Scott will go on.
We decided to try something a little more exciting. So we took Owen on these little planes that go around in a circle, and then they start going up and down.
We decided to try something a little more exciting. So we took Owen on these little planes that go around in a circle, and then they start going up and down.
Owen was not impressed. If you look at his face you can see he is crying...he's crying, "MOMMY, MOMMY, MOMMY!!!" He was fine on the ride while it was just going around in a circle...but when it started going up and down is when he started freaking out. So the ride attendant pretty much kept the ride down low after that. I felt bad for the little boy in front of Owen, he got a pretty boring ride. They were the only two on the ride.
After all our rides we headed over to the picnic area to have some lunch with Scott's co-workers. The picnic area was so nice and shaded. They had a playground area, Owen was really excited about that. He decided that this wooden slope was a slide, it doesn't look like a very comfortable slide!
After all our rides we headed over to the picnic area to have some lunch with Scott's co-workers. The picnic area was so nice and shaded. They had a playground area, Owen was really excited about that. He decided that this wooden slope was a slide, it doesn't look like a very comfortable slide!
Holly had a lot of fun, but she was done before the end of the picnic. We had a lot of fun, but then it was time to take Owen to a birthday party. So I dropped Scott and Holly off at home and took Owen to the birthday party.
After the birthday party I wanted to take Owen back to the water park at Six Flags. We had to option of turning our ticket to the picnic into a season pass for $35. So I thought if Owen liked the water park I would do that. We were very disappointed though. First, the entrance to the water park is so far away from the entrance to the park, it's about as far away as it can get. So it was a pain getting Owen over there through all the crowds. Then, we had to wait in line just to get into the waterpark...about 15 minutes of waiting under a roller coaster. I think the roller coaster freaked Owen out. He was looking at the people flying over us and screaming with complete fear in his eyes.
We finally got into the waterpark, and I decided to get a locker for our stuff. I went to the locker rentals, and they were $14...for a small locker! I decided I would fork it out, because I didn't want my keys and wallet getting stolen. Problem is they were all out of small, and only had family size lockers left....for $20! Now, we got there at 5:30, and the water park was closing at 7:00. There was no way I was paying that much for a locker for an hour and a half. I decided just to chance it.
I wanted to find the kids pool area...but I wasn't having much luck. So I took Owen to a regular sized pool to see if he would like it. He didn't. We were in there for about 15 seconds when he started saying, "All done, all done!" So I took him out and we hunted a little bit more for the kids pool area. We finally found it, and Owen didn't want any part of that either. At that point I was extremely happy that I hadn't shelled out $14 for a locker and we left. Owen rode on Thomas the Train one more time and we went home.
So ended our Six Flag experiment for this year. Maybe next year will be a little more exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment