Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer Fun

Remember last summer? Remember how I was complaining about how hazy, hot and humid it was? Well this summer does not resemble last summer at all...THANK GOODNESS!!!! I think it rained every day in June, and it didn't make it above 80 degrees. Some people thought that was a bad thing, I thought it was the most wonderful thing ever! I wish every summer was like this one. I really don't like the heat. It has started warming up a bit around here though. This past week we have been enjoying some low 80 degree days, but with no humidity. It's so nice to wake up in the morning and have COLD air coming through the windows. I wonder where I can put an order in to have all summers like this?

The only thing we have been missing out on in all this unseasonably cool weather is our little swimming pool. We just have a dinky little purple pool that was donated to us last summer. So this past weekend when the weather was actually warming up I brought the pool outside for some fun. I finally found a good use for the dinky slide my mother-in-law bought for Owen...it's great as a water slide! Owen had a ton of fun sliding down into the water, over and over and over again. A few times he decided to just jump from the top of the slide into the water, but I think he was getting too much water into his ears that way, so he only did it a few times.



Earth to Holly! She was spacing out big time....

Our little neighbor friend Edward came over, but he wouldn't go in the water. He said it was too cold.
Holly didn't think it was too cold though....she would have jumped right in if I had let her. She only has one bathing suit though, and it's a 2T. She won't be swimming for another year at least! Plus it was a little cold. Owen was freezing after about 45 minutes of pool fun. So we dumped the water out and went inside to warm up. Maybe we'll get to swim another day this summer. If not, that's OK with me, it just means it's not hot...YAY!

1 comment:

Kim, Marci, and Family said...

Glad your still enjoying the cool! It is HOT here!!