Last night I did not feel like cooking dinner. So we decided to let somebody else do the cooking for us, and we went out to eat. It's great going out to eat with kids because the restaurant always provides crayons and coloring books! We never got that kind of stuff when we were kids....oh well.
So while we were waiting for our food to come out Owen and I were coloring on his place mat. He kept on telling me to draw different shapes, "Draw a circle, draw a square, draw an octagon." You get the picture. I knew that he was learning his letters at preschool, so I decided to draw some letters for him. So I wrote, "A B C" on his place mat. Then Scott pointed to the "A" and said, "What is that Owen?"
Owen said, "an A!"
Scott: "Good! What is that?" (pointing to the B)
Owen: "a B!"
Scott: "Good Job! What is that?" (pointing to the C)
Owen: "an O!"
Scott: "No, what is that?"
Owen: "an O!"
Scott: "No...try again..."
Owen then picked up the crayon and drew a line to close the opening of the C to make it an O...
Owen: "See, an O!"
Hehehe...I guess he was right and I just drew it wrong!
1 comment:
Why didn't I ever have kids who were that smart??? Must be because they didn't have the right father!!!
Post a Comment