Friday, June 12, 2009

Mr. Manners

Owen has become quite the Mr. Manners these past few months. He always remembers to say Please, Thank You, Sorry, and You're Welcome. His teacher at day care told me that he is always reminding the other children to say please. I'm glad that he can be very polite, and sometimes his politeness makes us laugh. Here are three recent examples.

SORRY - - - Whenever I am driving in the car and I hit something I hear his little voice from the backseat saying, "Sorry car." OK, that sounds bad. It's not like I'm driving around hitting tons of stuff. It's mainly when I'm backing out of our long driveway...sometimes the side of the car will brush against the bushes (which are really trees, long story) on the side of the driveway. Or sometimes when I'm backing out I will back up too far and hit the curb on the other side of the street. "Sorry car!"

PLEASE - - - The other day I was making Spaghetti for dinner. I was singing the song "I say Potato, you say Patato" (you know that song, where potato has two different sounds). But instead of saying potato I was saying Spaghetti. I wanted Owen to participate and say Spaghotti for the 2nd spaghetti. It should have sounded like this:

Me: "I say spaghetti, you say...."

Owen: "Spaghotti!"

But that's not how it went. This is how it turned out:

Me, "I say spaghetti, you say..."

Owen "PLEASE!"

I got a good laugh out of that one. I guess I should have specified to him what his part was.

THANK YOU - - - We were visiting Scott's sister last week. She has a crazy dog named Casey. Owen's Uncle Gary gave Owen a dog biscuit to give to the dog. So Owen put the biscuit down on the floor for the dog. The dog came and picked up the biscuit and left. Owen quickly went after the dog yelling, "SAY THANK YOU DOGGIE, SAY THANK YOU!!!"

Kids do say that darnedest things!


1 comment:

♥Tami said...

Very cute! And how lucky are you that he is so young and so good at his manners! Love it!