
I was fully prepared this last week to go home tomorrow. But plans have changed. Last Saturday night my parents were going to the Post Office Christmas Party (my mom works at the post office). I was going to be home alone, so I called up my friend
Mindee and invited her and her son to come over. The above picture is me and my kids with
Mindee and her son Ben.
Mindee brought the game Boggle over for us to play. We were into our 3rd round (and I was getting my butt kicked) when the phone rang. I answered it and the man on the other end asked for my father. I told him that he wasn't home. So he asked for my mom...who wasn't home either. He told me he was calling on behalf of my grandmother and asked if I had the number for one of my uncles. So I found my uncles number for him, and he told me that my grandfather had been in an accident.
Long story short...my grandfather was riding his bicycle and got in an accident. The story I have heard is that he was probably riding his bike downhill and hit some gravel. When they found him he had no pulse. They revived him. He has a lot of broken bones though, including his neck and back. He is on a
ventilator, and it doesn't look good for him. So after much debating I decided to stay out west for a little bit longer. I know I won't regret staying, but I would probably regret going home. We are now flying home on February 12
th. Right now we are getting ready to drive back down to Arizona. At least my flight home is going to be from Phoenix, so we only have one long drive ahead of us, not two!

We did have a good week though. On Saturday I was able to meet up with 2 of my favorite roommates from college.
DeDe is on the left, Amber on the right. I haven't seen Amber in almost 10 years, so it was great to be able to see her again. I think we are still as cute as we were 10 years ago too...if not cuter!

I finally got a picture of Holly with her Uncle Marc! Now if only she was wearing both her socks...

We blessed Holly on Sunday, February 1st. She still fit into her blessing dress...
YAY!!! Holly was blessed by her Grandpa Owens.

After the blessing we had family come over for TONS of food. Here is Holly with her Aunt Danielle, my brother Alan's wife.

Holly was pooped after all the family left. There wasn't as much family there as we had planned because of my grandfather's accident. My mom wasn't able to be there because she needed to go down and be with her father. But before she left she made a ton of food. She's a great mom.

Owen found a new hat....it's almost as big as he is!!! Too bad he only got to wear it for a few pictures.

I love this picture of Owen and his cousin Jacob. Owen was happy to have somebody to share a shopping cart car with. He didn't even try to steal anything this time!

Owen with his cousins Lincoln and Gabriel (Marc's kids).

Owen and Gabriel loved playing with BALLOONS!!! Thank goodness for cheap entertainment.

And Holly is still cute!
I better get back to packing now.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry about your grandpa Brianne. I hope all goes well. I'm so glad that I got to come to Holly's blessing and the other great 2 visits we had. Stay safe! Love ya.
I'm sorry about your grandpa but glad that you are able to stay and be with the family for awhile. I had tons of fun with you and DeDe last Saturday and I will email the pictures soon.
Post a Comment