Friday, December 18, 2009

Another Birthday

Happy 3rd Birthday Owen!

It's hard to believe, but Owen turns 3 years old today. We think he is pretty great. The 2's weren't too bad. He had his moments, but they weren't too terrible. I hear that the 3's are trying, let's hope they are wrong!

Speaking of Owen...Owen and I had a fun day out this week.

First we went to Kiddie Kandids and had his pictures taken. He did much better this year then he did last year. We actually got a few good pictures! Last year we barely got one. Progress!

Then we went to the dentist. It was Owen's first visit to the dentist. That trip didn't go so well. He kicked and screamed through most of it. They managed to get his teeth cleaned, and they said everything looked good. I think I would say everything looked good too if I had to deal with Owen. They probably didn't want to deal with him if he actually did have cavities. Owen got a Spider-man sticker though, so he's pals with the dentist now. Let's hope he a little more calm next time.

After the dentist we went to see a movie. We had to choose between, "The Princess and the Frog" or "Planet 51". Since Owen is a boy I thought he would enjoy a movie about aliens more than a movie about a princess. So we saw "Planet 51". We had the whole theater to ourselves. Owen sat and watched the movie while sipping on a sprite, and I tried to keep myself awake. Were kids movies always so boring?

Finally we did a big shopping trip at our local Wholesale Club store. Scott likes to have Reese's Peanut Butter cups in his lunch...so I always buy a big box at the wholesale store. When I picked up the box Owen said, "Look, you found chocolates!"

I said, "Yeah, they're for dad."

He said, "Yeah...I'm dad!"

I love the way that boy thinks.

1 comment:

C Tam said...

I love that conversation about the chocolates. You really know how to capture dialogue with your writing.