Monday, October 26, 2009

Holly's 2nd 1st Birthday Celebration

After we got home from Utah...almost 2 weeks ago....we decided that we should celebrate Holly's 1st birthday with Scott's family. So we invited lots of people over and Celebrated! I shouldn't say that just Scott's family was there because I had some family come too. My cousin and her husband recently moved to Massachusetts from Washington, so I was excited to have them there too.

Holly opened some presents. She mainly got lots of cute clothes, but she also got a few toys and some cash. You gotta love the cash. That will be going into her savings account.

The highlight of the night was the cake eating. I'm a semi-boring mom...I don't make cakes, I buy them. Well, at least the 1st cake. Our local grocery store puts picture on cakes, and I think they are adorable....and yummy! Holly thought it was yummy too.

They used a light frosting...almost whipped cream like. Holly really liked it.

She was shoving it in her mouth as fast as she could.

Then she really started having fun with the cake!

All that cake eating was a tiring job though. She tried to stay awake to enjoy more of her party, but she just couldn't do it.

Speaking of that 1 year milestone...we took Holly to the doctor the day before her party for her 1 year check-up. She is weighing a whopping 18 lbs and 6 oz (13th percentile), 28 1/2 inches (30th percentile) and her head was average...56th percentile or something like that.

Two people who were able to make it to the party were Scott's sister Tracey and her husband Gary. Tracey was 36 weeks pregnant and her baby Mark decided that he wanted to come a little earlier than anticipated. So they had a good excuse to not be there...and we were all really excited to meet Mark.

No comments: