Monday, April 19, 2010

We Survived Another Week

Holly has another Right-Of-Passage under her belt. Yesterday was her first day to go to the Nursery at church, legally. I have been secretly taking her down there for the past month and a half to get her use to it. I figured that way when she was 18 months would be more use to the teachers and less likely to cry.

My plan worked! Kind of. About 5 minutes before Sacrament Meeting ended she fell asleep. She I took her to the nursery and laid her down on a cushion they have. When I left her she was sleeping. After Sunday School I peeked in her her. She had woken up and was cuddling with one of the teachers. I don't know if she had woken up and started crying, but she seemed happy enough. By the time I picked her up she was happy as could be. So I'm calling her first day in Nursery a success. Of course Owen's first day in Nursery was a success, but it only lasted that first day. After that I had to sit with him for the next 5 months before he finally could stay by himself. Hopefully that doesn't happen with Holly : )

Speaking of Owen and church....As soon as we got to church and settled into our pew yesterday Owen kicked off his shoes. I decided not to worry about it too much, he could put them on when he went to Primary. About halfway through Sacrament Meeting he started doing the Pee Dance. So I rushed him out of the chapel and tried to take him to the bathroom upstairs (We have a LOT of stairs in our church building). He didn't want to use the upstairs one though, he wanted to use the one downstairs, by the nursery. The only problem is that the door to the downstairs is usually locked during Sacrament meeting. They were a few problems with kids going into the nursery during Sacrament meeting and messing the place up, hence the locked door. I kept trying to get Owen to go upstairs, he kept insisting on going downstairs, In the middle of our arguing he ran over to the handicapped bathroom right next to the chapel. I ran in with him before he could do too much damage. He pulled down his pants, went over to the toilet and started to do his business. The only problem is that the handicapped toilet is much higher than a a normal toilet. So instead of his pee going into the toilet, it was going everywhere else! It was mainly hitting the front of the toilet and running onto the floor. Of course after he started going there was no stopping him. I started grabbing paper towels and trying to mop up the huge puddle, which Owen was now standing in. Those church paper towels aren't very absorbent though. Meanwhile Holly was trying to unroll all the toilet paper, and Owen was stripping down to his birthday suit. They weren't being very quiet either. We could clearly hear what was going on in the chapel, so I'm guessing they could hear us too. Eventually I got all the pee cleaned up (I hope), Holly didn't destroy too much toilet paper, and Owen was fully dressed, minus his pee soaked socks. He got to spend the rest of church wearing shoes with no socks. I had a change of pants and underwear for him in the diaper bag, but no socks. I guess I learned my lesson! I was thankful that he wasn't wearing his shoes because he didn't get them soaked. But maybe if he was wearing his shoes he would have had that extra 1/2 inch of height that would have taken him over the top of the toilet, instead of at the side. Oh well. You live and you learn! And most importantly, we survived another week at church!

1 comment:

♥Tami said...

Oh my gosh! I love it when kids go to Nursery! My first 2 wouldn't stay in there by themselves, thankfully Meghan does!